Speculation: Tyler Myers 2022

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
What is Vancouver paying us to take on Myers contract?
If Vancouver decides they need to clear cap and get rid of his contract would you do Myers and a 5th for future considerations? ($1M retained, of course)

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Lots of room to add RHD. This is who is under contract for next season:

Jokiharju
Fitzgerald
Laaksonen

(I'm against moving LHD to RD)

I meant I don't see where he fits in the sense that we don't need players who play like he does. With respect to handedness, we're going to have at least 1 lefty on the right side, or we're going to have a trade. There's just no way around that. Our best 6 defensemen will be more lefties than righties.

Reactions: Jacob582

jputt99

Nov 24, 2016
Charlotte NC
With Power , Samuelsson and Laaksonen seemingly ready to play NHL minutes next year , why should Adams commit 6M for Myers ? The money could be better spent elsewhere . Only Dahls and Joki signed beyond this season , I wouldn't mind if Adams resigned Hagg and Pysyk . Bryson will be a RFA , so he'll likely be retained . Butcher should be moved at trade deadline and Miller will be a tough decision . Overall , Sabres need to get tougher on defense .

Last edited:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
With Power , Samuelsson and Laaksonen seemingly ready to play NHL minutes next year , why should Adams commit upwards of 6-7 M for Myers ? The money could be better spent elsewhere .
Laaksonen not ready, unless he takes 2 or 3 steps forward this season.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
With Power , Samuelsson and Laaksonen seemingly ready to play NHL minutes next year , why should Adams commit upwards of 6-7 M for Myers ? The money could be better spent elsewhere .

The main argument is that Jokiharju and Laaksonen are the top two RHD that the Sabres have NHL rights to beyond this season.

If the Sabres want to avoid flipping a LHS D to the right side, then they will need to add someone.

I wouldn't target Myers for that. But, I could see why people aren't enthused with the idea of just thinking that playing the kids next year will be enough. Especially with Jokiharju's history of missing sizeable chunks of time.

Reactions: Jacob582

michaelsaas

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Beaumont, TX
We need an RD but not just any RD. I'd want one that could serve as a defensive anchor for Dahlin. Like Tallinder was for Myers. I don't think Myers fits that role. Maybe Zadorov? I have no idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad