Rumor: Tyler Motte available

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
It's a weird throwback to the American old west "wanted" posters. Only this is an "unwanted" poster.

1675223510275.png

Last edited:

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
Rangers should and likely will bite.

Which is ironic considering what they gave up for him last trade deadline. And what they weren’t willing to pay him in the off-season. And now all the bad asset management they’ve done trying to replace him and failing. And then the inevitable piece(s) they’ll have to give up to get him back.

Just a master class in asset management from Drury here.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Which is ironic considering what they gave up for him last trade deadline. And what they weren’t willing to pay him in the off-season. And now all the bad asset management they’ve done trying to replace him and failing. And then the inevitable piece(s) they’ll have to give up to get him back.

I wrote up a trade idea just yesterday of Motte to NYR for their 4th next year.

The fit seems to make a lot of sense, although I have no clue how the market will be this year so maybe the price will be a 5th or even lower.

He's a serviceable player, though... he can be a valuable 11th-14th forward for most teams in the league.

Reactions: irishlaxburger2

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
There he is… there’s the exact type of player Chevy targets every TDL… bottom 6 left handed winger… what the Jets have in abundance and what Chevy loves to waste time and assets on.
I’m guessing Motte to WPG for a mid pick or equal value player

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

He is not that good. Another 4th line with stone hands that injury prone. So what he brings speed. So does Gauthier. Rather go after someone more useful like Barbashev and Domi. Motte is overrated.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Should get a 3rd or 4th from someone. Was an unsung hero for the Canucks in their playoff run back in the day. Guaranteed non slacker.

Rydgar

Jul 15, 2010
Surrey, BC
I never understood why the Canucks didn't re-sign him in the off season. The contract he signed was perfectly reasonable and they could've pulled it off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad