Proposal: Tyler Johnsson for Picks?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think this line of thinking is counter productive. Same with refusing to trade Eichel in conference. If a deal benefits us, it benefits us. The rest doesn't matter. Sure you use their cap space need to maximize return. But you don't refuse a trade just to spite them. You don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

It's not like we are going to be competing with TB for the cup next season.

This isn't helping TB for this season. It's helping them for the next three seasons.

A 1st and a 3rd for 3 years of a bad $5M cap hit for a team in your division that people constantly complain about getting out of bad contracts?

Hard pass.

A lot of times you can get a 1st for 1 year of a cap hit like that.

Reactions: Irie

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
This isn't helping TB for this season. It's helping them for the next three seasons.

A 1st and a 3rd for 3 years of a bad $5M cap hit for a team in your division that people constantly complain about getting out of bad contracts?

Hard pass.

A lot of times you can get a 1st for 1 year of a cap hit like that.

I didn't list any numbers. Obviously it depends on the trade return. It's the outright refusal to negotiate with a potential partner that bothers me. For the next few years the Sabres aren't in competition in the standings with anyone besides for thr bottom. Someone is going to capitalize on their cap space, whether it's someone in the west or east. Arizona so far is the one gaining profit. You don't turn down opportunities to make your team better.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I didn't list any numbers. Obviously it depends on the trade return. It's the outright refusal to negotiate with a potential partner that bothers me. For the next few years the Sabres aren't in competition in the standings with anyone besides for thr bottom. Someone is going to capitalize on their cap space, whether it's someone in the west or east. Arizona so far is the one gaining profit. You don't turn down opportunities to make your team better.

If it was a one year deal, then sure.

3 years? No thanks.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
If it was a one year deal, then sure.

3 years? No thanks.

I don't think we are a team winning playoff rounds any time sooner than three years. I also don't think TJ is a bad player. I wouldn't take cap dumps that last any longer than that though.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I don't think we are a team winning playoff rounds any time sooner than three years. I also don't think TJ is a bad player. I wouldn't take cap dumps that last any longer than that though.

Johnson hasn’t been great for TB the last couple of years. He would likely be worse here.

Hard pass. But thankfully, my guess is that he says hard pass to coming here to be a part of a rebuild.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Johnson hasn’t been great for TB the last couple of years. He would likely be worse here.

Hard pass. But thankfully, my guess is that he says hard pass to coming here to be a part of a rebuild.

Yeah I guess it is a moot discussion because there is no way we aren't on his NTC

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I don't know why Johnsson wouldn't waive his NMC unless he would rather play in the AHL than an actual NHL team. He could use Buffalo to springboard himself back into the NHL.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
When did he become Swedish?

I prefer the Shaone Morrisonn type spelling.

Tieler Johnsonn

As for the OP - no thanks. Too much term & he doesn't waive his NTC anyway. Someone will bail TB out but it's not going to be us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad