Tyler Graovac, Ottawa 67s

Aceonfire*

This Minni prospect went from being 6'3 179lbs to 6'4 203lbs in a year.
As a center, that is a very good size. As of right now he has 4 goals in 4 games (hat trick).

He had 27 points in 52 games last year with a total of 8 goals. So in 4 games he is halfway to beating last years mark. He had 10 points in 18 games in the playoffs.

HF doesn't give much of a projection because a concussion limited him. Does anyone know anything about this kid? He seems to be a great depth pick. And if his offensive production increases would he be considered top 6 at any point?

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
not top 6 imo. maybe a 3rd line center at best. we have good prospects coming up and graovac isnt even close to being a top prospect

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Disagree with the above poster. I think it's Top 6 or bust for Graovac.

He would've been more successful with the 67s, but he has been stuck behind Martindale, Monahan, and Cazzola over the past few years.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

He would've been more successful with the 67s, but he has been stuck behind Martindale, Monahan, and Cazzola over the past few years.

Doesn't have the skill set for top 6 IMO.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head

Agreed. He's got slick puck skills but he's been pretty inconsistant in his OHL career and prefers to play on the perimeter. He's a big guy, I'd really like to see him use his size better.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
My attitude towards prospects who have not shown consistency in past years is caution. He has gotten bigger, and is larger than most in junior hockey so that helps him. If this kid can show consistency throughout the entire season, it might mean that he has grown as a player. Def a kid to watch.

Kekumba

Jan 24, 2008
Ottawa

Agree on the top 6 part...but Cazzola was brought in because Graovac wasn't producing like they wanted him to. He was given the opportunity when it became available. It's all on himself.

Oddly, I still like his chances to put a nice season together.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Agree on the top 6 part...but Cazzola was brought in because Graovac wasn't producing like they wanted him to, Martindale is a few years older and just straight up better, and Monahan's a wash obviously. He was given the opportunity when it became available. It's all on himself.

Oddly, I still like his chances to put a nice season together.

Agreed with the bolded. I thought Graovac was going to have a big year last year but I was really disappointed. When he's on you see just how much skill this kid has, which is why watching him play 75% of the time is just frustrating because you know he has more to offer then he's showing.

Kekumba

Jan 24, 2008
Ottawa
Now it looks weird because I edited the Martindale and Monahan points out because they made no sense.

Lol

Oct 3, 2012
He did not suffer a concussion last year, he had mono. He tried to return to the lineup too soon and his conditions re-occured. Had a good start and finish last year. Top six foresure!

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
still sticking with my first comment. i love the fact that he is putting up some goals, but i think he could be a good 3rd line guy. maybe a really good 3rd line center, who knows

Billy Mays Here*

He did not suffer a concussion last year, he had mono. He tried to return to the lineup too soon and his conditions re-occured. Had a good start and finish last year. Top six foresure!

Nice username.

Doubt Graovac will ever find a spot on the Wild but it's nice to see him getting better.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
don't think he'd see time as a top six center with the Wild but if he continues to gain confidence along with weight he could be a long shot for a top six wing. Very, very long shot. Still hoping Nick Palmieri suddenly gets it, but not holding out much hope of that happening either. In any case, if he continues to show moderate offensive skill and steady growth we could flip him for something better than a 7th pick and we'd still be ahead.

Billy Mays Here*

don't think he'd see time as a top six center with the Wild but if he continues to gain confidence along with weight he could be a long shot for a top six wing. Very, very long shot. Still hoping Nick Palmieri suddenly gets it, but not holding out much hope of that happening either. In any case, if he continues to show moderate offensive skill and steady growth we could flip him for something better than a 7th pick and we'd still be ahead.

Is Palmieri even eligible to play with the Aeros this year? I thought he was a RFA that we never re-signed.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Continuing to have a hell of a season, 14 goals and 20 points in 13 games. Before this kid had tiny flashes where he'd pull Spezza type moves, but was very inconsistent, he seems to be having a breakout year so far though. Hard kid to judge, not really sure what to think in terms of his NHL future, but he's not a grinder, he's a player who relies on high end talent with the puck.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Very curious to see how he turns out, but we're going to be facing a logjam (hopefully) of top six players coming up if our current crop of AHLrs live up to expectation. Koivu, Parise, Granlund, Seto, Zucker, Coyle. Outside shot with Palmieri, Larsson, Phillips, Bulmer at least pushing for spots if not very seriously contending. That's assuming Heatley and Bouchard are out of the picture, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad