Waived: Tyler Ennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Kristy should stick too reporting what she heard at the game day skate since the Leafs don’t need another smurf especially a cooked one and we have more bodies than we need .
Ugh... thanks. Now I cannot remove picture of cooked smurf out of my head.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Kristy should stick too reporting what she heard at the game day skate since the Leafs don’t need another smurf especially a cooked one and we have more bodies than we need .

Heaven forbid that a beat reporter should make a minor speculation. What’s so wrong with that? Are you afraid that she has some kind of sway over Dubas? Or that Dubas is so weak that he will do anything the comments on?

And calling her Kristy, when clearly she has chosen to go by Kristen, feels dismissive to me? Are you one of those smarmy sales types who is introduced to someone named James and immediately calls him Jim?

But maybe I’m wrong and you know her personally and know that she goes by Kristy in her private life.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Heaven forbid that a beat reporter should make a minor speculation. What’s so wrong with that? Are you afraid that she has some kind of sway over Dubas? Or that Dubas is so weak that he will do anything the comments on?

And calling her Kristy, when clearly she has chosen to go by Kristen, feels dismissive to me? Are you one of those smarmy sales types who is introduced to someone named James and immediately calls him Jim?

But maybe I’m wrong and you know her personally and know that she goes by Kristy in her private life.
it seems that since your both from Waterloo you may know her and that's why are you are so worked up , lol

and since it's a nothing hockey forum wtf does it matter how i referred to her by and why would that trigger you ?

also we have more than enough media from insiders to columnists sharing their opinions on the team so i believe we can do without a person who's job isn't to share there views also adding there 2 cents

Last edited:

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
it seems that since your both from Waterloo you may know her and that's why are you are so worked up , lol

and since it's a nothing hockey forum wtf does it matter how i referred to her by and why would that trigger you ?

also we have more than enough media from insiders to columnists sharing their opinions on the team so i believe we can do without a person who's job isn't to share there views also adding there 2 cents

Nope. I've never met her. I knew she attended Laurier, but I didn't know she was a Waterloo native. But the automatic calling somebody something other than how they are introduced is a pet peeve of mine. Unless someone with a professional name specifically point outs to call them by a nickname, I think it's disrespectful to do so.

So, maybe that's an irrational trigger. But the same can probably said about your reaction to her minor speculation.

I am also slight triggered by your lack of capitalization and punctuation and the misspellings in the last sentence of your post. It should be "whose" not "who's" and two cases where it should be "their" not "there." I suspect that if the post had not been in direct response to one of my own, I would've just registered it as unreadable and moved on.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Tyler Ennis scored at a near 20 goal pace the last two seasons.
Tyler Ennis is free to claim
Tyler Ennis's cap hit can be buried if he isn't useful.
Tyler Ennis doesn't need to quarantine to join the team.
Tyler Ennis may very well be way more useful than Vesey/Barabanov who are kind of disappointing tbh.

Reactions: SprDaVE and Lumberg

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Ennis is a very likeable 31 y.o. 160 lb waterbug who could be useful but is still a marginal player.

I don't see much in Barabanov, but for some reason the Leafs signed him and they seem to want to give him a shot. They could shoot him out of a cannon for all I care but one way or another its his turn for an audition right now.

Vesey brings some size and is a bit younger than Ennis, and frankly I've been pleasantly surprised by his play. I wasn't expecting much but I like what I've seen. I wouldn't think of Ennis as an upgrade over Vesey at all, and I don't think it hurts Vesey that his father is a long-time regional scout in the Leafs organization.

Brooks and Anderson are much younger than Ennis. They are both less experienced, but they are waiver exempt and may have more upside than Ennis.

I'm a big fan of Brooks and would rather give him a shot that he's now getting over Ennis.

I don't know a whole lot about Anderson, but I have noticed there's enough people here that have been impressed with his play and would like to see him with the Leafs too.

I don't think it helps to screw around with the career development of any of these guys by bringing in an older fringe player like Ennis and fiddling with the margins of the roster. I don't really see him as an upgrade on anybody -- except maybe an unknown quantity like Barabanov -- and I would prefer that that Leafs move on and walk on by.

That said, I'm really no judge of talent and I've been wrong countless times before.

And Ennis is a very likeable player too, for all his limitations.

Reactions: banks

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I like Ennis a lot. Forget his size. He brings a ton of heart and skill, and he can play on lines 2, 3,or 4. Plus the contract is dirt cheap, and he's always been well liked by teammates and coaches.

Ennis deserves to be in the NHL.

All that being said, we don't need him and have no room for him. We have more than enough forward depth. We already had to waive Spezza once, and he's a better fit with our team. Why claim Ennis just to waive again a few days later? He'll land somewhere, or get called back to Edmonton eventually. That's just fine.

Reactions: Ciao

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Leafs don't have the cap space for a 1 mil AAV 4th liner (at best)
They would if he could slide up and down between the roster and the taxi squad -- but they can't just keep him on the roster without tossing him back onto waivers.

I don't know what good that would do. It would just upset the roster and make things a bit more chaotic.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Tyler Ennis scored at a near 20 goal pace the last two seasons.
Tyler Ennis is free to claim
Tyler Ennis's cap hit can be buried if he isn't useful.
Tyler Ennis doesn't need to quarantine to join the team.
Tyler Ennis may very well be way more useful than Vesey/Barabanov who are kind of disappointing tbh.

I don't think the Leafs will claim him but those are my thoughts as well. Ennis can move up and down the lineup a whole lot better than any of our current LW options.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad