Confirmed with Link: Tyler Ennis signs extension (5 years / $23M)

JTyler48

Jan 26, 2014
Breaking : Expect an announcement within next 24-48 hrs on @BuffaloSabres multi yr contract with Tyler Ennis.@NHL @NHLNetwork.

https://twitter.com/KevinWeekes/status/489468808013176832

EDIT:
SABRES SIGN ENNIS TO MULTI-YEAR CONTRACT
BUFFALO, N.Y. (July 17, 2014) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has signed forward Tyler Ennis to a multi-year contract.

http://sabresdigitalpressbox.com/2014/07/17/sabres-sign-ennis-to-multi-year-contract/

Last edited by a moderator:

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Curious what the money turns out to be. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 5 on a longer term deal.

Last edited:

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
A 3 year deal takes Ennis up to UFA status without buying out any UFA years, I don't see how that would be ideal

3 years please. Salary won't matter too much...

Also, No NTC or NMC please.

A player isn't eligible for an NTC before they're eligible for unrestricted free agency. Even if Ennis signed a deal longer than 3 years, an NTC wouldn't be able to kick in prior to the 2017-2018 season.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
A 3 year deal takes Ennis up to UFA status without buying out any UFA years, I don't see how that would be ideal

A player isn't eligible for an NTC before they're eligible for unrestricted free agency. Even if Ennis signed a deal longer than 3 years, an NTC wouldn't be able to kick in prior to the 2017-2018 season.

I am on my phone so I don't have the CBA accessible, but did his contract slide in his first year of pro hockey? If so, was that based on his signing age? I usually assume that it's seven years of pro hockey until free agency, but I understand there are exceptions to that rule.

Bps21*

Ennis will be more valuable as the team,gets bigger around him. He's our best skater by..like...a lot. Putting him down the wing of a big C and a big winger on the other side...that's when he will flourish IMO. let's be honest...he's been fishing for scraps the whole time he's been here and has created enough on his own to know he is worth what hodgson got.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I am on my phone so I don't have the CBA accessible, but did his contract slide in his first year of pro hockey? If so, was that based on his signing age? I usually assume that it's seven years of pro hockey until free agency, but I understand there are exceptions to that rule.

A) no his contract did not slide. He was not eligible for the contract slide. I'm not entirely sure what the exact terms were under the prior CBA, but his contract did not slide. However, this isn't relevant.

B) Unrestricted free agency is not based on how many seasons of professional hockey a player plays. A player is eligible for UFA when he turns 27 (by June 30) or when he has 7 accrued seasons.

"Accrued Season" means any League Year during which a Player was on a Club's Active Roster for 40 (30 if the Player is a goalie) or more Regular Season Games, provided that, for the purposes of calculating an Accrued Season under this Agreement, games missed due to a hockey-related injury incurred while on a Club's Active Roster shall count as games played for purposes of calculating an Accrued Season but only during the League Year in which the injury was incurred and a maximum of one additional season.

Ennis has 4 accrued seasons at this point. His 7th accrued season will be the same year he turns 27. The 7 accrued season qualification is completely irrelevant for Ennis.

Ennis will be eligible for free agency after the 2016-2017 season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad