Former Bruins Tyler Bertuzzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Is he wrong? The Bruins had the best season record and apart from him and a few others on the team, everyone else shit the bed in the playoffs. Now, he's also going to a team that just finally made it out of the 1st round in 19 years, but he's also banking on that young team and also inflating his numbers for his next paycheck.

If anyone on the Bruins has any issues with his comments, prove him wrong on the ice.

Reactions: missingchicklet

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Is he wrong? The Bruins had the best season record and apart from him and a few others on the team, everyone else shit the bed in the playoffs. Now, he's also going to a team that just finally made it out of the 1st round in 19 years, but he's also banking on that young team and also inflating his numbers for his next paycheck.

If anyone on the Bruins has any issues with his comments, prove him wrong on the ice.
This.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

Yep, I have no problem whatsoever with Bert on this one. It's not like he wasn't willing to stay with the Bs. Just couldn't agree on terms at the right time. He stays healthy he cashes in on his next deal no doubt. Hate to see him go to a team where I wish everyone on the team the worst come game time. Hope Lucic blows him up.

Reactions: Absurdity

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

I'd say the same thing about the team that just committed 5.5 mil to me.

Saying this pretty much closes the door on a future return to Boston which he doesn't seem to care about.

People thought I was out to lunch when I said he looked like a guy who would play the mercenary role for us but didn't seem committed to the team or taken in with the supposed "best locker room in the league" we had.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Well I imagine he’s thinking about the chances of winning in the upcoming season and not basing his future predictions on past performances.

Bruins were a better team last year, but the leafs will most likely be the better team next year.
Except for the leafs number one goalie would be playing in Rochester if he was a Bruin.
Bruins D one thru six far better than Leafs.
Up front leafs have a slight edge albeit debatable ..... in regular season anyways.

• Haha
Reactions: The90

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I'd say the same thing about the team that just committed 5.5 mil to me.

Saying this pretty much closes the door on a future return to Boston which he doesn't seem to care about.

People thought I was out to lunch when I said he looked like a guy who would play the mercenary role for us but didn't seem committed to the team or taken in with the supposed "best locker room in the league" we had.
Yzerman didnt mind letting him go. No teams were willing to give him term. Am I missing something. I thought he looked like a keeper last spring...... except for game 5 ( ;

Reactions: DKH

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

they always do

• Haha
Reactions: The90

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Except for the leafs number one goalie would be playing in Rochester if he was a Bruin.
Up front leafs have a slight edge albeit debatable ..... in regular season anyways.

You think the difference between the bruins forward group and the Toronto forward group is only a slight edge to Toronto?

I agree bruins better defensively and much better goaltending, but I think there is a massive gap between the bruins and maple leafs forwards with a very considerable edge towards the maple leafs.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What’s he supposed to say

Who freakin cares

Unless he says something about my kids or pets I’m more concerned with getting a good nights sleep

The trade deadline is about 250 days away who knows who will be in Toronto or Bostons lineup

I’d take Bertuzzi for 1/5.5M yet we all know he’s had 3 major injuries by 27 and I’m Vegas over under is about 70 gamea (not bad but I’m trying to figure where I bet and I’d go under)

The forwards are getting faster and smaller in top 6 but the D are getting bigger and more physical not good for Bert’s game

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
You think the difference between the bruins forward group and the Toronto forward group is only a slight edge to Toronto?

I agree bruins better defensively and much better goaltending, but I think there is a massive gap between the bruins and maple leafs forwards with a very considerable edge towards the maple leafs.
Yeah, say Matthews/Pasta are a wash, when you look at the rest of the forwards on each team... it leans heavily for Leafs. Agreed that it's really not close close either.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

OK.
Debatable though.

Yeah, say Matthews/Pasta are a wash, when you look at the rest of the forwards on each team... it leans heavily for Leafs. Agreed that it's really not close close either.
Ide take Marchand over Marner all day long....especially at play off hockey.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Tampa Bay had a significant advantage in net and a D with a healthy Cernak as good or in the ballpark as Toronto's, but they lost to the Leafs.

Lets see what happens come opening night. No 37,46,71 and Bertuzzi on Leafs I would say Leafs hold a significant edge in top 9.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Bertuzzi's dead to me. Really hoping for a Bruins-Leafs matchup in the playoffs. No way do I want the Bruins to sign Bert if he becomes a unrestricted free agent in 2024.
Why not. What did he do or say that you can’t sign him next year? Thin skinned people on the internet. Nobody liked him before he became a Bruin.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
As much as I hate the Leafs, I can't say he's wrong when he says they have a better shot at winning. He most likely prices himself out of Toronto next year anyway playing in their top six (if he stays healthy). He stood out a lot when I watched them live in Winnipeg and I'm disappointed he isn't coming back.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
As much as I hate the Leafs, I can't say he's wrong when he says they have a better shot at winning. He most likely prices himself out of Toronto next year anyway playing in their top six (if he stays healthy). He stood out a lot when I watched them live in Winnipeg and I'm disappointed he isn't coming back.
We’re talking about the Toronto Maple Leafs right?

Reactions: Caper Bruins fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad