Former Bruins Tyler Bertuzzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
We’re talking about the Toronto Maple Leafs right?
I don't think either team wins the cup next year but I also don't have high expectations for the Bruins. Then again, all of the Leafs signings so far are putrid in their own end so who knows.

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
Why not. What did he do or say that you can’t sign him next year? Thin skinned people on the internet. Nobody liked him before he became a Bruin.
The Bruins should have kept Hall (a player who actually wanted to be in Boston), and simply move him in the top 6. Bertuzzi, is a Ontario boy who probably has dreams of winning the Cup with his childhood team. The Bert ship has sailed. If he truly wanted to stay in Boston, a deal would have gotten done.

Thin skinned? Sorry, but I'm not one of those people crying for Ullmark to be traded or Montgomery to be fired.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yeah, say Matthews/Pasta are a wash, when you look at the rest of the forwards on each team... it leans heavily for Leafs. Agreed that it's really not close close either.
tell they play each other

as a Habs fan I watched how much better leaf forwards were .....when they got out played and outscored by Suzuki, Gallagher a pint sized rookie name Caufield.

You think the difference between the bruins forward group and the Toronto forward group is only a slight edge to Toronto?

I agree bruins better defensively and much better goaltending, but I think there is a massive gap between the bruins and maple leafs forwards with a very considerable edge towards the maple leafs.
heard that right before the 2nd round Panthers series too.......right before they were dusted in 5 games.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
The Bruins should have kept Hall (a player who actually wanted to be in Boston), and simply move him in the top 6. Bertuzzi, is a Ontario boy who probably has dreams of winning the Cup with his childhood team. The Bert ship has sailed. If he truly wanted to stay in Boston, a deal would have gotten done.

Thin skinned? Sorry, but I'm not one of those people crying for Ullmark to be traded or Montgomery to be fired.

They couldn’t fit hall under the cap

They needed to move Gryzz or forbort instead, but it’s likely they didn’t get the deals that would be good asset management for either and it made more sense to move a guy who’s coming off a knee injury with not much term left. It’s sucks but it is what it is

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
tell they play each other

as a Habs fan I watched how much better leaf forwards were .....when they got out pl ayed and outscored by Suzuki, Gallagher a pint sized rookie name Caufield.

heard that right before the 2nd round Panthers series too.......right before they were dusted in 5 games.
1. Irrelevant because that wasn't the question. On paper, who's top six would you rather have? Bruins or Leafs? Would you prefer Matthews/Tavares as your 1 and 2 at center or Coyle and Zacha? If you're being intellectually honest with yourself it's no contest.

2. The Panthers have two legit superstars in their top six, including a Hart finalist coming off back to back 100+ point seasons and a 100 point perennial Selke contender, and good depth up front behind them. Anyone claiming the Leafs were miles ahead of them in that department was out to lunch.

Reactions: CDJ

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
1. Irrelevant because that wasn't the question. On paper, who's top six would you rather have? Bruins or Leafs? Would you prefer Matthews/Tavares as your 1 and 2 at center or Coyle and Zacha? If you're being intellectually honest with yourself it's no contest.

2. The Panthers have two legit superstars in their top six, including a Hart finalist coming off back to back 100+ point seasons and a 100 point perennial Selke contender, and good depth up front behind them. Anyone claiming the Leafs were miles ahead of them in that department was out to lunch.
You are higher on the leafs forwards than I am. I am in the minority. Yep.

• Haha
Reactions: The90

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
8 goals in 50 games last year

Even strength in the playoffs with him on ice

4 goals for
8 goals against (2nd worst on team)

I enjoyed him as a Bruin but the overreaction to losing this guy is a bit much
For context who were the next 3 forwards for GF\GA, ES?

Reactions: 13Hockey

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
They couldn’t fit hall under the cap

They needed to move Gryzz or forbort instead, but it’s likely they didn’t get the deals that would be good asset management for either and it made more sense to move a guy who’s coming off a knee injury with not much term left. It’s sucks but it is what it is
I don't think Hall's knee injury was significant based on how good he looked immediately on his return and his PO performance.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
tbh I was in favor of keeping Hall at 6mil/3yrs over a new contract for Bert. While a greasy gamer he was so, so loose defensively. I liked Halls shut your mouth industrious game last year and he also had a good playoffs. But we don't have either now, so whatever haha
The last two years Hall had good playoff production with a 7-5-12 stat line in 14 games. This year he and Marchand were the best players up front.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
8 goals in 50 games last year

Even strength in the playoffs with him on ice

4 goals for
8 goals against (2nd worst on team)

I enjoyed him as a Bruin but the overreaction to losing this guy is a bit much
This.
People acting like he's some kind of all-star. He's a complimentary top 6 player.

Him & Hall did the same thing. Try to pass the puck through 3-4 guys to Pasta (especially when there was a lane to the net for them). When it worked it was lovely but 90% of the time when it didn't work it was a horrible turn over.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
You think the difference between the bruins forward group and the Toronto forward group is only a slight edge to Toronto?

I agree bruins better defensively and much better goaltending, but I think there is a massive gap between the bruins and maple leafs forwards with a very considerable edge towards the maple leafs.
I disagree. The B's forward group has always valued implementing a defensively responsible system. The Leafs aren't known for that. If you're talking about creativity and speed in the opponent's end of the ice, then Toronto is superior. If you are talking about all 200 feet of ice, then the B's are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad