Waived: Ty Rattie placed on waivers by STL (Claimed by Carolina)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Surprised a thread hasn't been made yet....

Mark Spector
‏@SportsnetSpec
Hadn't seen this: Ty Rattie placed on waivers by STL #Blues this morning.

I think Canucks need to claim him. Lets see if him and Baertschi can rekindle their dominance from junior

Last edited by a moderator:

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Surprised a thread hasn't been made yet....

Mark Spector
‏@SportsnetSpec
Hadn't seen this: Ty Rattie placed on waivers by STL #Blues this morning.

I think Canucks need to claim him. Lets see if him and Baertschi can rekindle their dominance from junior

More than a little surprised to see Rattie on waivers, Blues fans may have to chime in.

So now we wait until it is announced that Arizona has claimed him.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Didn't get the greatest opportunity with the Blues but he also didn't do enough to warrant more ice time. I wouldn't be surprised to see a team claim him since he's cheap depth and a right shot.

I'm interested in why the Blues chose to do this now. The most likely call up would be Paajarvi but he's still injured I believe.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Oh Vancouver please claim and send down Gaunce or Megna or Chaput....please.

He did have insane chemistry with Sven.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
If he makes it all the way until it's the Ducks turn, I think Bob Murray claims him (unless we're at 50 contracts). Untapped upside, signed to peanuts.

But yeah, I don't even think he makes it past Arizona :laugh:

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Didn't get the greatest opportunity with the Blues but he also didn't do enough to warrant more ice time. I wouldn't be surprised to see a team claim him since he's cheap depth and a right shot.

I'm interested in why the Blues chose to do this now. The most likely call up would be Paajarvi but he's still injured I believe.

Agostino was just named AHL player of the month and has something like 24 points in his last 15 games, could be an option.

As to Rattie, he's just not a very good player. His small, slow and not really good at anything other than his shot.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
TO(Leipsic), Nucks(Baertschi) or Jets(Petan) should claim him cause his chemistry with all 3 in junior was so fun to watch

RORbacon

May 14, 2014
Central Illinois

I think the blues decided Rattie has to get playing in games. Sitting in the press box accomplishes nothing for his development. I'm sure the objective is to get him playing in the AHL again but the risk is he gets claimed. Either way, it's better than being scratched every game and not getting any real playing time.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
As I said in the general waivers thread, I'll never forget this guy for the amount of animosity he created between Blues and Sabres fans over his possible inclusion in a potential Ryan Miller trade. :laugh: :cheers:

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Not an NHL player. Not good enough to play in a top 6 role. Too soft and poor defensively to contribute in the bottom 6. Should be a regular for Canada at the Spengler Cup.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I think the Oilers should really look into putting in a claim. 23 years old, still lots of potential, RH shot and a RW...kids can potentially fill a need.

Lucic - McDavid - Rattie
Maroon - LD - Pulju
Cagguila - RNH - Eberle
Pouliot - Letestu - Kassian

that's a top 12 I would like to see them try for a couple games at least.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
So what's the story with Rattie? What's his weakness? Skating?

He's got a good shot but he cannot create any offense on his own. He's undersized and he's slow, it would be a surprise if he was able to carve a career out for himsef in anything other than a depth player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad