Prospect Info: Ty Nelson, RD, 68th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Drafted first overall by the North Bay Battalion in the 2020 OHL Priority Selection Draft, Ty Nelson had to sit out the entire 2020-21 season due to COVID-19. Back on the ice this year, he had an excellent rookie year. Nelson scored nine goals and 42 assists for 51 points in 66 games. Nelson led all OHL rookies in assists. He also scored 10 assists in 12 OHL Playoff Games. He helped North Bay to the Eastern Conference Final before they fell to the Hamilton Bulldogs in a four-game sweep. Nelson also played for Team Red at the 2022 CHL Top Prospects Game.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Ty Nelson is a great kid. Super pumped about the Kraken getting him in the 3rd round (68th). In my mocks had Seattle taking Ty top of the 2nd round. Wright,Firkus,Nyman,Kokko,Nelson,MacDonald seem like surefire NHLers. GM Francis and scouts knocked the 2022 Amateur-Entry "Wright"out of there
Oops I forgot Goyette. He's going to battle Winterton for 3rd line center. It looks to me like the Kraken have their centers for the next 10-15 years in Beniers,Wright,Goyette,Winterton and MacDonald with Robertson in the mix also

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
He's absolutely killing it as an 18 year old. Only 7 points and a game behind Mintyukov for the scoring lead by Dman in the OHL. A year younger than Minty too. Impressive.

I suspect if that draft was hypothetically, redone, he'd at least move up to the 2nd round if not late 1st based on this years performance.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Wish I could watch him more to get a sense of his overall game. Francis has obviously done well drafting forwards for us but we need some of the D-kids to work out too. Really pulling for Nelson to be a regular NHL Dman some day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad