Two Years Later: The Jones/Johansen trade

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
Columbus won the trade.

Regardless of whether or not Nashville filled a team need, they either should have done the trade for someone else and gotten a similar calibre player to Jones (not to mention look at the caphit differences, Jones is much cheaper), OR they should have gotten other assets along with Johansen. But simply put, Jones is younger, Jones is better, Jones has a cheaper long-term caphit, so Columbus won the trade.
Nashville will concede that, in a vacuum, they lost the trade, but 10/10 times would redo it again. End of Story

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I think both Columbus and Nashville fans would be happy to do it again. Nashville has had more success since the trade. I think Jones is currently the better player. Columbus had a bit of a hole at center after losing Karlsson before Dubois developed (and do again now with Wennberg out). But Solidifying the defense has made the team much much better than we ever could’ve been before the trade.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Wonder if that injury is still bothering Johansen?

Jones is top-15, maybe top-10 Dman in this league, highly underrated. Johansen isnt top-15 center.

Johansen is a bit of an enigma. He can be an premier center at times, like he was in last year's playoff run. I think that's just the way his career is going to be, and if you're nashville, you can only hope that it comes out at the best time.

Teams that win cups not only have that elite #1 center, but they are usually deep in that position too. Johansen is a big wildcard in all of this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad