Confirmed with Link: Two year extension for Lindstrom

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
I will say this for Lindstrom and Rasmussen, as much as we hate the 2017 draft due to the missed potential (Necas/Suzuki/Vilardi at 9 and Robertson in the 2nd), we very well may get two regular NHLers out of it.

Best value relative to draft capital? Of course not, and the opportunity cost was huge, but that is still 2 more NHLers than I earnestly thought we'd get out of that draft 18 months ago.

Reactions: MBH and NickH8

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I’m all in. I may be the biggest Lindstrom proponent on this forum. His big minutes down the stretch last season, his earning a protection spot, his re-signing. NONE OF IT SURPRISES ME, YOU HOSERS :popcorn:

jaster logging in to see the news

tenor.gif

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I like it. I think he's a useful bottom pair guy. You never really notice him much out there, and I say this as a compliment.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I will say this for Lindstrom and Rasmussen, as much as we hate the 2017 draft due to the missed potential (Necas/Suzuki/Vilardi at 9 and Robertson in the 2nd), we very well may get two regular NHLers out of it.

Best value relative to draft capital? Of course not, and the opportunity cost was huge, but that is still 2 more NHLers than I earnestly thought we'd get out of that draft 18 months ago.

Only player who is really panning out after our 3rd pick at #71, is Drake Batherson. There's nobody else.

It was a super WEAK draft.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Naturally, he’s now going to flame out and I’ll eat a little crow. But until then, ride or die, bitches.

His style of game isn't flashy. And he's trying to carve out a career being a dependable defensive blueliner with some puck movement skills. These things take a bit of time. He didn't look completely lost towards the back end of last year, so maybe the hardest part of that learning curve is behind him. Maybe he can look like Adam Larsson in a few years. That would be a huge boon for this team.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
His style of game isn't flashy. And he's trying to carve out a career being a dependable defensive blueliner with some puck movement skills. These things take a bit of time. He didn't look completely lost towards the back end of last year, so maybe the hardest part of that learning curve is behind him. Maybe he can look like Adam Larsson in a few years. That would be a huge boon for this team.

He has so many good foundational skills for a defensive defenseman (good stick, good gap, high panic threshold, gets physical, good puck movement in tight - kinda Merrill-esque in that way). His most likely outcome if he makes it is probably just a solid, 3rd-pairing shutdown type, but I see the potential for a tad more than that, always have. His reads are underrated. With the defensive depth in the organization now, he's more likely to get squeezed out eventually, but I can see an upside of a 4/5 guy on a good team.

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
Gus is 22 and everyone has made up their mind already on him? I agree with Jaster somewhat in that he is Merrell-eque and much younger and cheaper. I think he will prove to be a solid D third line guy BUT might just show some more O than we expect down the road. All teams can use a solid D guy on the third line. He and Stecher make a decent third line, IMO Hope he has a coming out party this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad