Two-Way Player Injury? (Vlad Kamenev)

Garavar

Nov 27, 2016
So Kamenev was called up from AHL and since he has a Two Way Contract he gets paid the NHL salary for games he plays.

But now he got injured so what salary does he collect? NHL or AHL?

Would the answer differ if it was a player who could be returned to juniors (Girard).

Thanks for information

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yep. Technically, Boikov is also earning NHL salary, since he was injured in a preseason game and never actually went down to SA yet.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
For a hockey injury, the player stays on the NHL roster and gets paid for it. But the games played by the team while the player is injured do not count toward the 10 game cutoff for ELC slide.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Does insurance still cover 80% of injury salary, or is that only for LTIR?

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Do we know how long he's out for? Or did he disintegrate when Orpik hit him ?

It appears that it will be a while, without knowing specifics he apparently had surgery over the weekend. Actually, I suppose that could be just from setting a cast, but it certainly seems like an image post-surgery.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
13.6 Disabled Player Loan to Minor Leagues. A Player who is otherwise required to clear Regular Waivers and who becomes disabled while on an NHL roster can be placed on Regular Waivers and be Loaned to a minor league club prior to appropriate medical clearance being granted only if the Player was on NHL Recall at the time he becomes disabled and has not played ten (10) NHL Games (cumulative) or remained on the NHL roster for thirty (30) days (cumulative) since his Recall. The Player shall receive his Paragraph 1 NHL Salary and benefits until appropriate medical clearance is granted. All other Players may not be Loaned until appropriate medical clearance is granted.

So he can be sent to the AHL but will still receive NHL compensation. Quoted section taken from the CBA.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Yep. Technically, Boikov is also earning NHL salary, since he was injured in a preseason game and never actually went down to SA yet.

Actually he will get paid a "daily rate" and not his NHL salary. The daily rate is based off how many days he spent in the NHL and AHL last season and his salary for each. As far as I remember he wasn't on the NHL roster last season so I think he'll be getting paid his AHL salary or very close to his AHL salary.

Reactions: McMetal

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
My likely unpopular opinion is that he won't be returning for the Avs.
His NHL salary is probably a lot higher than he can make in the KHL, and has a much higher upside if he's successful. He has had flashes of being a legit NHL player.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
He’ll be back. Russians want to play in the NHL. It’s when they feel like they’re not being given a shot and getting buried in the AHL that they head home to the KHL. Kamenev is being given an NHL opportunity, he’s just had terrible injury luck. He’ll be back for camp. The only issue will be if injuries have derailed his development and other guys have passed him. But given the state of our depth this year, I doubt that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad