Two Victoriaville Tigres players accused of sexual assault

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
That's either a misleading translation or a writer that doesn't quite know the provision of the Criminal Code.
... Actually, it's probably both.

Fair enough. Still disgusting acts by both of them if found to be true.

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
That's either a misleading translation or a writer that doesn't quite know the provision of the Criminal Code.
... Actually, it's probably both.

Article in OP was by Sports Illustrated, so it was probably describing the situation in terms of American law.

Reactions: MXD

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
As neither Daigle or Siciliano have been drafted by NHL teams and this doesn't pertain to an NHL team, I'm moving this, at least for now, to the QMJHL forum.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Daigle didn't go to Anaheim's camp though.

And to be fair to the Ducks, accusations weren't known at that time. Although, they probably knew he was one of the two arrested.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Daigle didn't go to Anaheim's camp though.

And to be fair to the Ducks, accusations weren't known at that time. Although, they probably knew he was one of the two arrested.

Of course they knew! Probably everyone following the QHL knew about it the day it happened.

And why is the Q league taking so long to take action? They are formally charged of a crime, what else do they need? They should have been suspended the minute they got charged. Bush league

Reactions: pearljamvs5

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Of course they knew! Probably everyone following the QHL knew about it the day it happened.

And why is the Q league taking so long to take action? They are formally charged of a crime, what else do they need? They should have been suspended the minute they got charged. Bush league

Mailloux was suspended from the OHL nearly one year after being charged.

I think the Q can take a few hours to do it the right way.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Mailloux was suspended from the OHL nearly one year after being charged.

I think the Q can take a few hours to do it the right way.

Mailloux got fined by the Swedish police for invasion of privacy (for taking a picture). While i do agree with the suspension, he wasn't accused of a crime like the other 2.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Mailloux got fined by the Swedish police for invasion of privacy (for taking a picture). While i do agree with the suspension, he wasn't accused of a crime like the other 2.

Why did the OHL wait for the media backlash to suspend him? They had months to do it. In Canada, what Mailloux did leads to criminal charges and the OHL is a Canadian league.

The two Victoriaville players will end up getting suspended anyway but I don't see the problem with taking 1 or 2 days before announcing it. I don't think the point is about whether they'll be suspended or not, but how it will happen. Will they be allowed to train with the team or not? Could they ban him right away?

Last edited:

BadgerBruce

Aug 8, 2013
Nitpicking, just so everyone understands : They were arrested back in June, not accused. They were charged today.

I don't understand how the Q and the Tigres allowed them to play some regular season games.
I’m with you on this one and am at a loss to explain why the Victoriaville Tigres and the league allowed the players to fully participate in camp, pre-season games and a couple of regular season games.

The attached article suggests that the two players’ participation in the team’s Fall training camp did not go unnoticed by local groups supporting victims of sexual violence.

“There was outrage among some when the pair took part in the Tigres' early pre-season games.
Roxanne Ocampo Picard, from a local group supporting victims of assault, claimed that the decision to allow the duo to train was “symptomatic of a culture.”
"That is to say, it trivializes or tolerates [alleged] sexual assault," she told TVA Nouvelles.

Two teenage hockey players arrested over accusations of sexual assault and imagery of a teenage girl at a team party at a hotel

It’s important to keep in mind that the police arrested the two players at the Tigres team hotel during the club’s party celebrating their President’s Cup victory in June. The alleged crimes took place at that team party and at that team hotel. I cannot imagine the police didn’t interview team officials on the spot at the party/hotel before arresting the two men.

Yet, statements issued today by the club and the league office would seem to imply that this situation is something they are just now learning about.

Utterly baffling.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I’m with you on this one and am at a loss to explain why the Victoriaville Tigres and the league allowed the players to fully participate in camp, pre-season games and a couple of regular season games.

The attached article suggests that the two players’ participation in the team’s Fall training camp did not go unnoticed by local groups supporting victims of sexual violence.

“There was outrage among some when the pair took part in the Tigres' early pre-season games.
Roxanne Ocampo Picard, from a local group supporting victims of assault, claimed that the decision to allow the duo to train was “symptomatic of a culture.”
"That is to say, it trivializes or tolerates [alleged] sexual assault," she told TVA Nouvelles.

Two teenage hockey players arrested over accusations of sexual assault and imagery of a teenage girl at a team party at a hotel

It’s important to keep in mind that the police arrested the two players at the Tigres team hotel during the club’s party celebrating their President’s Cup victory in June. The alleged crimes took place at that team party and at that team hotel. I cannot imagine the police didn’t interview team officials on the spot at the party/hotel before arresting the two men.

Yet, statements issued today by the club and the league office would seem to imply that this situation is something they are just now learning about.

Utterly baffling.

I think not allowing them to camp would've had the effect of disclosing their identity (not that we wouldn't know a few weeks later).

However, dressing them for reg season games was not only dumb and insensitive, but also utterly pointless, as it's not like they're playing anytime soon (or, probably, at any point).

Reactions: BadgerBruce

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I think not allowing them to camp would've had the effect of disclosing their identity (not that we wouldn't know a few weeks later).

However, dressing them for reg season games was not only dumb and insensitive, but also utterly pointless, as it's not like they're playing anytime soon (or, probably, at any point).

Hockey teams are gonna hockey team.

If it gives them a chance to win, they will do it.

They do not care about morality, especially in junior hockey. Sleasy as f***... and I say that as a Tigres fan.

My parents live in Victoriaville and you can see the players, even minors, at local bars all the time. My sister was working at La Cage aux Sports when she was in school and she encountered them, drunk, many, many times. And every time, they were harassing the waitresses and trying to take advantage of their status to get sex. They would not push it THAT much when told no, but some would insist and bring up who they were.

Young athletes are often entitled brats who have been enable to be that way their entire life because they are good hockey players.

Some times, unfortunately, it goes over board... like it did here.

The entire culture around elite athletes have to change. These kids have to be educated and kept in check WAY more! WAY WAY MORE!

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Hockey teams are gonna hockey team.

If it gives them a chance to win, they will do it.

They do not care about morality, especially in junior hockey. Sleasy as f***... and I say that as a Tigres fan.

My parents live in Victoriaville and you can see the players, even minors, at local bars all the time. My sister was working at La Cage aux Sports when she was in school and she encountered them, drunk, many, many times. And every time, they were harassing the waitresses and trying to take advantage of their status to get sex. They would not push it THAT much when told no, but some would insist and bring up who they were.

Young athletes are often entitled brats who have been enable to be that way their entire life because they are good hockey players.

Some times, unfortunately, it goes over board... like it did here.

The entire culture around elite athletes have to change. These kids have to be educated and kept in check WAY more! WAY WAY MORE!

Just so we're clear, and I'm pretty sure we are, when you say "them", you mean "Tigres players", not necessarily "those two that were arrested", right?

I've heard some similar stuff from a lot of people in my hometown (in which there used to be a junior hockey team).

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Just so we're clear, and I'm pretty sure we are, when you say "them", you mean "Tigres players", not necessarily "those two that were arrested", right?

I've heard some similar stuff from a lot of people in my hometown (in which there used to be a junior hockey team).

Yes, Tigres players throughout the years.

EDIT: Some were REALLY nice guys though. I met Danault at a bar after he was cut from Team Canada and I had a great chat with him. Very down to earth, very respectful. They are not all assholes, but many are and it is not discouraged.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad