Two quick icings = penalty?

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I hate when teams ice the puck back to back on purpose within a few seconds especially toward the end of the game. It should be a penalty.

Honestly, I think this would be at least as bad as the puck-over-the-glass delay of game call. Probably worse, but I'm trying to be fair.

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
If you want to use an argument to convince people, you will need to use better logic than "it should be <this> because I hate when people do <this>"

Jun 15, 2014
Honestly, I think this would be at least as bad as the puck-over-the-glass delay of game call. Probably worse, but I'm trying to be fair.

Agreed. I'd say on both icings and flipping the puck over the net, players don't do it intentionally and if they do then it's incredibly selfish of them and puts their team in a bad position anyway.

Icing has also resulted in very negative outcomes for the icing team, so keep it the way it is.

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
Its an obvious exploit when players are still winded

Same with line changes. Man do I get pissed when I see the other team change players mid play, like why don't they just stay tired out there so my team can score some more goals.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
How many classless Subban's is this worth is the more important question.

8mS65Uk.jpg

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Agreed. I'd say on both icings and flipping the puck over the net, players don't do it intentionally and if they do then it's incredibly selfish of them and puts their team in a bad position anyway.

Icing has also resulted in very negative outcomes for the icing team, so keep it the way it is.

2 minutes for being selfish - yes! :laugh:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Make the first encroachment on the ensuing faceoff by the team that iced the puck a delay of game instead of the standard second.

Other than that, leave it alone.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Sens did this last night against Colorado and got scored on. I don't think it was on purpose though.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
They should have to keep the same players on the ice, bring it back down to their defensive end, and let the other team have another chance to win the face-off...and then if they do it a third time...make them do it all over again...

TrustyPatches*

I hate when teams score against my favored team on purpose that should be a penalty.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
They could make a rule where you can't call a timeout after an icing. Thatd hurt some teams

That would hurt every team, or at least I think so. Are there really teams who don't take timeouts after icing the puck during a long shift?

Devilspuppet666

Dec 25, 2010
Calgary
this is why HF should never be involved at any level of hockey... the game would be ruined...

People are already nitpicking things and changing stuff that should not be changed why bother with something so little?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad