Proposal: Two Oilers Trades

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
*I would do the 1st deal unless one of the defensemen fall to 10th. And I wouldn't do the 2nd one unless we do the 1st.

:edmonton Justin Faulk, Valentin Zykov

:canes 10th Overall pick, 2018 2nd, Zack Kassian

:edmonton Alex Galchenyuk, Noah Juulsen

:habs RFA Darnell Nurse, Caleb Jones

RNH - McDavid - Zykov
Galchenyuk - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Lucic - Strome - Puljujarvi
Cagguila - Khaira - Aberg

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Faulk
Russell - Juulsen

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If the Canes want to improve I doubt they are looking for a pick.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't know about the not wanting more draft picks,especially after one reads a thread entitled "everybody is available except Aho"

Didn't they basically say their goal is to upgrade every player they have?, not to trade their guys for picks and do a full rebuild.

Reactions: Stickpucker

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Get tougher is what I've heard.

"Dundon was blunt in explaining his player evaluation philosophy: "There's none of them I'm not trying to replace. I want a better player than every one of them. That's our job. We need it to be hard to be on this team," Dundon said. "We may have 19 new players next year or we may have zero. It's unlikely it will be either of those things, but I think every spot is open."

There is one roster lock for next season: Sebastian Aho. In his sophomore year, Aho paced the team in points (65) and goals (29).

"We're not finding better players than Sebastian Aho. We're just not," Dundon said. "We're not finding harder workers or more committed hockey players. But if I could find 12 of them, I'd do it. But we can't.""

Quoting this from the Canes thread post 41.

They'll get tougher by adding Svec into their lineup and maybe giving a bit more size to their bottom6.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Noneo f that says there not open to aquiring more draft picks.
The Canes were by far the softest team in theNHL.
That says something coming from a Sharks fan.
Gonna take more than one Russian kid to change that culture

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
Sorry, but Kassian isn't going to be the center piece going back in a trade for Faulk. Canes will want to get better now, not move for a package of maybes.

Tapdog

Mar 16, 2016
Alberta, Canada
No thank you to both.

Adding Zykov to the Faulk deal and placing him on RW with McDavid just makes no sense. He couldn't play in Carolina last year. Great AHL guy though. To be honest I wouldn't pay the 10 oa for Faulk straight up.

On the second deal.. just no to moving Nurse.

Reactions: TFHockey

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What do you mean if a dmen falls to 10.... theres like 12-15 solid dmen in the draft

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Noneo f that says there not open to aquiring more draft picks.
The Canes were by far the softest team in theNHL.
That says something coming from a Sharks fan.
Gonna take more than one Russian kid to change that culture

If they want to get better, and read that quote I really don't see them trade their best trade options for picks.

Getting more skilled makes your team tougher to play against, they have skilled young players developing on the roster, Svec will add both size& talent to their roster. Bottom6 guys are easy to add if they feel more is needed.

Getting a real goalie makes them tougher to play against, don't see that in this proposal.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Didn't they basically say their goal is to upgrade every player they have?, not to trade their guys for picks and do a full rebuild.
You have to make a realistic goal though. Im sure if you asked 30 other GMs im sure they would all like to upgrade every player they have

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You have to make a realistic goal though. Im sure if you asked 30 other GMs im sure they would all like to upgrade every player they have

That's basically every teams goal, they just said it outloud and know it's not possible.

But from what it's sounding it feels like they want to get better, and not do another rebuild. They aren't far from icing a great team.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
So what are they going to add to Skinner, Faulk and whom ever else you want to move to get the better player.
That is the hard part the plus
Example CAR wants Draisaitl, there is not one player on CAR that I would move him for so what package would you offer me for him.
Faulk and Skinner are not going to do it as they are not good enough and are not signed long turn.

Reactions: TFHockey

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I wouldn’t trade Nurse for any member of the Habs, never mind Galchenyuk and an OK prospect.

Outside of making our defence significantly worse for minor forward upgrades that we’re paying through the nose for I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish here.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I wouldn’t trade Nurse for any member of the Habs, never mind Galchenyuk and an OK prospect.

Outside of making our defence significantly worse for minor forward upgrades that we’re paying through the nose for I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish here.
oilers need to get some real wingers. The defense is fine with Sekera and Klef healthy

I can't believe you all think having the 2 best centers in the league and having no forwards with even 15 goals is acceptable

the Isles had 4 with 50% more without having the best centers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad