Post-Game Talk (GBU): Two guarantees in life: Lake effect snowstorms and the Sabres beating the Sharks

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
The funny part is you've had this crusade against Myers lately but haven't seemed to acknowledge the very important fact that he's skating 25 minutes/night and keeping Ristolainen and Zadorov on the second pair, where they need to be right now.

but the eyeball test...

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
26 perimeter shots that were non threatening. A true top line? Three defensemen playing like number ones? AND playing WITHOUT Gorges? I'm not worried. With the way we are playing, I wouldn't be shocked to see us fight for eighth

I'm just going to assume you're snowed in and drinking heavily...

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
The funny part is you've had this crusade against Myers lately but haven't seemed to acknowledge the very important fact that he's skating 25 minutes/night and keeping Ristolainen and Zadorov on the second pair, where they need to be right now.

This automatically means that Myers is better?

The thing is, Myers shouldn't be playing those minutes. It's nice that he is for our prospects sake, and for the tanks sake. In reality, he should be playing the minutes that Zads and Risto are playing. Hopefully, in time, those two will make it painfully obvious and the switch will be made.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

The thing is, Myers shouldn't be playing those minutes. It's nice that he is for our prospects sake, and for the tanks sake. In reality, he should be playing the minutes that Zads and Risto are playing. Hopefully, in time, those two will make it painfully obvious and the switch will be made.

So in a game where the only goal given up was on the pp your point is to say the dman who played 25 minutes is the problem and the 19 year old who is on game 9 and occasionally makes a flashy hit should switch roles for the betterment of the team.....slow clap..

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
So in a game where the only goal given up was on the pp your point is to say the dman who played 25 minutes is the problem and the 19 year old who is on game 9 and occasionally makes a flashy hit should switch roles for the betterment of the team.....slow clap..

In the long run, obviously. Myers was fine last night. But if you want to throw away 5 years of Tyler Myers and judge him on a game by game basis, good luck.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan

Sure, I'll buy that. But Risto and Zadorov shouldn't be skating the minutes Myers is.

Myers is currently this team's best defenseman. His minutes reflect it. His play reflects it. He's a top-four guy playing top-pair minutes.

Especially funny that you point to Myers' issues developing into a top-pair D and immediately want to make the same mistakes with Risto and Zadorov.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
In the long run, obviously. Myers was fine last night. But if you want to throw away 5 years of Tyler Myers and judge him on a game by game basis, good luck.

You mean the Myers of last year, and most of this year (barring a few bad games), who has played extremely well over that time span? In time, Ristolainen may be a better D-man than Myers. In fact, there is an excellent chance of that happening. Zad might be as well. They are not there yet though.

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
Sure, I'll buy that. But Risto and Zadorov shouldn't be skating the minutes Myers is.

Myers is currently this team's best defenseman. His minutes reflect it. His play reflects it. He's a top-four guy playing top-pair minutes.

Especially funny that you point to Myers' issues developing into a top-pair D and immediately want to make the same mistakes with Risto and Zadorov.

Did you consciously decide to just ignore his last sentence?

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
Based on the context of the conversation, I assumed he was arguing that they should be skating those minutes now.

"Hopefully, in time...."

Pretty sure he meant that Myers is a 2nd pairing defenseman and would ideally be playing those minutes, were the team not awful.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
"Hopefully, in time...."

Pretty sure he meant that Myers is a 2nd pairing defenseman and would ideally be playing those minutes, were the team not awful.

Yes, hopefully, in time, Risto and Zadorov warrant those minutes.

Not now.

The argument stemmed from his declaration that Risto and Zadorov are better than Myers now. He thinks they should be playing those minutes now.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Yes, hopefully, in time, Risto and Zadorov warrant those minutes.

Not now.

The argument stemmed from his declaration that Risto and Zadorov are better than Myers now. He thinks they should be playing those minutes now.

I think they are better now. They don't neccesarily need to be playing this minutes now though.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
26 perimeter shots that were non threatening. A true top line? Three defensemen playing like number ones? AND playing WITHOUT Gorges? I'm not worried. With the way we are playing, I wouldn't be shocked to see us fight for eighth

I'm going to assume that you're just playing a long-term troll game. That, or you believe in jinxes and think you can avoid jinxing the Sabres' chance at McEichel by pretending to think that they're somehow not (by far) the worst team in the NHL over an 82-game span.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I think they are better now. They don't neccesarily need to be playing this minutes now though.

Jeez... Risto looks like he could make the jump eventually to a number one but he is not playing better than Myers night in and night out. Zads is just laughable. The kid is on game nine in protected minutes. He makes the flashy play from time to time but also gets worked a lot. To say they are both better than Myers now is just trolling or incompetence.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'm going to assume that you're just playing a long-term troll game. That, or you believe in jinxes and think you can avoid jinxing the Sabres' chance at McEichel by pretending to think that they're somehow not (by far) the worst team in the NHL over an 82-game span.
to many Buffalo fans believe in jinxes. It's quite silly really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad