Post-Game Talk (GBU): Two guarantees in life: Lake effect snowstorms and the Sabres beating the Sharks

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Why is this thread not called "It's snowing: let's go streaking!", or something to that effect?? :-P

Good:

Gionta
Girgs
Zads
Risto
Deslauriers
Neuvirth (when in. Hopefully he's alright and it's nothing too serious.)
Having the Sharks number.
Leafs getting beat down.
Blues lost.

Bad:

Thought Foligno/Hodgson/Stewart were ineffective.
Tomas Hertl seemed to struggle tonight.

Ugly:

The Thruway
Air Canada Centre

Stay warm and stay safe friends!

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
G:
Gionta, Mitchell and Flynn had a good game together and got rewarded.
D-Lo with another good game and a goal.
Our defense. Even Mesz.
Shutting it down in the third. That was impressive and looked nothing like the shattered no-confidence team their supposed to be.

B:
Refs
Noidberg getting hurt. I still don't get what happened to him. That collision looked like nothing.

U:
Toronto. Their coming to steal McEichel! :help:

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
At first I was like....

"OMG the Sabres are on a winning streak!":handclap:

And then i was like...

"OH NO! The Sabres are on a winning streak!":scared:

CM4

Oct 31, 2013
Edmonton
Glad Sabres got that win and was very impressed on how many people still made it to the game after all that snow. Great fan base.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
We are on our way to becoming a .500 hockey club.

Gionta was present! I love me some 2013 draft picks on d as well.

Fun two games in a row to watch.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Good:
A really nice confidence boost to the guys, especially Gionta
Bad:
Irbe not getting any ice time (he could've earned a new contract :sarcasm:)
Fell asleep after the 1st period, in my defence it was 3:30 AM
Ugly:
The Sabres with just a win behind 6 other teams and two behind the Rangers (in terms of number of wins, not points)

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
We are on our way to becoming a .500 hockey club.

Gionta was present! I love me some 2013 draft picks on d as well.

Fun two games in a row to watch.

Getting outshot 30-14 and winning 4-1 is pretty much as sustainable as things get

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Getting outshot 30-14 and winning 4-1 is pretty much as sustainable as things get

26 perimeter shots that were non threatening. A true top line? Three defensemen playing like number ones? AND playing WITHOUT Gorges? I'm not worried. With the way we are playing, I wouldn't be shocked to see us fight for eighth

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
G- win streak
-Risto and Zad pairing
-Ewok with a solid relief effort
-Flynn-Gionta-Mitchell line
-Zemgus

B- Noidberg injured

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
The ony thing that accounts, the good.

The youngsters are getting a taste of victory while developing their on ice skills. Chemistry, individual and team skills but most important of all, maturity as an NHL player.

It's good to see this happening for them. Risto, Zads, Del, Flynn (whom I believe will be sticking with the team) and Z are gaining invaluable seasoning.

They may end up in last place this season, but at least they'll do so with some healthy growing pains.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
G: Gionta
Myers
Ristolainen
The third period
Irbe

B: Neuvirth injury

U: Got nothing.

As for the Neuvirth injury, I don't think it was just on the collision from the disallowed goal sequence. Earlier in the period, there was a sequence where the Sharks almost scored on a centering pass/deflection. Neuvirth was going against the play when that happened. As the play went past, he seemed to grimace in pain. I think the collision later on the disallowed goal may have just added to things.

ZeroPT*

26 perimeter shots that were non threatening. A true top line? Three defensemen playing like number ones? AND playing WITHOUT Gorges? I'm not worried. With the way we are playing, I wouldn't be shocked to see us fight for eighth

what

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011

:biglaugh:

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Where can I find advanced stats from last night's game?

Zadorov and Risto, especially after the first period, seemed to never be hemmed in their own end. They moved the puck out and gained the o-zone with relative ease. They passed the eye test; curious to see if they passed the numbers one, too.

Risto: 20:13 TOI, 1a, +2.
Zadorov: 17:16 TOI, +1.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
G - Fun game and the streak against the shark continues.
B - Noid Burg hurt. It looked like he was in a little dicomfort after a save prior to the collision.
U - A tie between Tyler ManBearPig Kennedy and the awful third jerseys.

I would. I mean, the team is bad, but the 8th worst season in history was the 72/73 Isles with 26pts and the Sabres are on pace for 50pts. They're really going to have to focus if they want to only get 13pts over the next 62 games and take 8th.

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND

Ristolainen and Zadorov have looked good, but would you honestly say they've played like #1 defensemen if they weren't 20 and 19, respectively? They've looked like solid top four defensemen to me, but to say anything more than that is a huge stretch. They've both got #1 potential, though.

And I won't even respond to the fighting for eighth comment.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Where can I find advanced stats from last night's game?

Zadorov and Risto, especially after the first period, seemed to never be hemmed in their own end. They moved the puck out and gained the o-zone with relative ease. They passed the eye test; curious to see if they passed the numbers one, too.

Risto: 20:13 TOI, 1a, +2.
Zadorov: 17:16 TOI, +1.

http://www.nicetimeonice.com/

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Ristolainen and Zadorov have looked good, but would you honestly say they've played like #1 defensemen if they weren't 20 and 19, respectively? They've looked like solid top four defensemen to me, but to say anything more than that is a huge stretch. They've both got #1 potential, though.

And I won't even respond to the fighting for eighth comment.

Better than Myers, who many around here have declared a legitimate no. 1.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Better than Myers, who many around here have declared a legitimate no. 1.

The funny part is you've had this crusade against Myers lately but haven't seemed to acknowledge the very important fact that he's skating 25 minutes/night and keeping Ristolainen and Zadorov on the second pair, where they need to be right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad