Post-Game Talk (GBU): Two games in and we're already giving up on GBU's?

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I knew what we were getting with Kane, unfortunately our coach doesn't seem to get it yet.

At the end of the day its the coach's job to find players that fit together. There are center options that would work with Kane's style (ROR, Girgs, Larsson and Reinhart). There are wingers as well (Girgs, Moulson, Gionta, Reinhart, Des, Foligno). Guys that know how to play off the puck and don't have to have it all the time. I mean Moulson would be in heaven on a line with Kane. He goes to the net while Kane does his thing. Moulson would have a ton of scoring chances with Kane and the amount of shots he generates at the net. You would be maximizing the strengths of those two players putting them together.

They guy that makes the least sense with Kane is Eichel.

I don't really think ROR is the answer either. I would really like to see:

Eichel-ROR-Ennis
Kane-Girgs-Reinhart
Moulson-Larsson-Gionta
Foligno-Legwand-McGinn/Deslauiers

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Bylsma was killing time with the RWs on that line until Gionta got back. He has talked quite a bit about how he likes what Gionta brings to that line before his injury.

Kane also made it very clear in the preseason that he likes playing with Gionta... I think you're right

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
I'm still getting used to the new everythings.

G- Legwand, I want Reinhart glued to his hip.

-Johnson. He is coming off an injury, looks rusty, but shouldn't give us much different from Lehner. Not a slight on Lehner, just he was shaking off rust of his own.

-Weber & Franson. If nothing else, they are consistent in their faults and allow Cola & Gorges to work with the kids. If we see the faults, the coaching staff is already thinking about which forwards can rush back and what combination of bodies cannot happen. Weber, Franson, Moulson is something they should avoid at all cost but any 2 together can be compensated for by the forwards.

Nothing really bad, we played Tampa afterall.
-still getting used to ROR, he isn't a *hit first* guy
-Evander is a line by himself, doesn't need a strong center, just someone that can cover his zone as he swerves around and someone fast enough to cycle from behind the goal line.
-McGinn always looks busy, but can't tell if he accomplishes anything

-Ugly: nothing rhymes with Puljujärvi

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
G: - The bottom six forward groups are really working. Legwand was very decent versus Tampa Bay. He surprised me. Deslauriers finishing.
- Evander Kane has been consistent in how he plays regardless of the situation. Has looked great with Jack and ROR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad