News Article: Twitter Trolls hurl abuse at Leafs James Reimer's wife after shaky outing ... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
Stupid. But this stuff has been going on forever. I've seen fans throw things at players family's during the games. People are just idiots

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
She should take herself off of Twitter. It's classless and speaks to the type of behaviour we see on social media today.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm not a Reimer fan at all, but that's crossing the line. It's gotten to the point where there's so many bad feelings and bullying, I wonder if it's best to just move him for everyone's sake.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
While I agree it should not be done, its part of the territory of marrying a pro athlete. If she doesn't like it she should not be on twitter.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I'm a tweeter but this goes way beyond talking sports and posting stories.

There is a faction out there, that will give a bad name to any social network and there is no real way to get at these people, unless they break the law, then they can be pursued and taken to court but I would hope that if you know who they are, just take them off your list, or if you follow them, unfollow them.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Why isn't there an easier way to charge people for stuff like this?

They have to sign up for a twitter account.

For the obvious reason that nothing they said was about her, nor was it illegal. That said, if you think that is bad, you should read Twitter more. There are people on there that will go until they actually get banned, threatening harm or even death, posting the address of the people they're doing it to just so they know to be afraid. While this is certainly distasteful, it is nothing compared to what actually happens on that place, and most times without Twitter doing much until it becomes known enough to become an outrage to many.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
For the obvious reason that nothing they said was about her, nor was it illegal. That said, if you think that is bad, you should read Twitter more. There are people on there that will go until they actually get banned, threatening harm or even death, posting the address of the people they're doing it to just so they know to be afraid. While this is certainly distasteful, it is nothing compared to what actually happens on that place, and most times without Twitter doing much until it becomes known enough to become an outrage to many.

It is crazy.

We have a poster on here who attacks one player who has posted on HF boards ( not the Leafs) that is blaming the two young girls who were called all kinds of names on a social media. He was argued with and he still thinks he is correct and the two OHL players should not have been suspended. So it is all around us.

This is crazy and needs to stop.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
It's too bad her personal account is getting attacked. I guess the nature of twitter you can't make your profile hidden? In any event I agree she should just delete that account.

I remember the creator of flappy bird removed his app because of tweets he was receiving

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
It is crazy.

We have a poster on here who attacks one player who has posted on HF boards ( not the Leafs) that is blaming the two young girls who were called all kinds of names on a social media. He was argued with and he still thinks he is correct and the two OHL players should not have been suspended. So it is all around us.

This is crazy and needs to stop.

I don't follow actual players because they rarely say anything of interest, but you know they target her because she goes on there, or used to. Not sure now. As far as who you are talking about, I'm not sure but I know the thread. Haven't gone back there since the day it was posted. Not sure what anyone could possibly argue about in that case. I only needed to see what was actually written to know the player got suspended with good reason. For me, again, it's distasteful, but it happens every day to someone.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
It's too bad her personal account is getting attacked. I guess the nature of twitter you can't make your profile hidden? In any event I agree she should just delete that account.

I remember the creator of flappy bird removed his app because of tweets he was receiving

You can make it private. Some people refuse to because they see it as giving in to the attackers. I can understand their point to a point.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
As much as we hate what they said and it's disgusting, the right to free speech would be unnecessary if people never got offended. Social shaming is a great punishment though.

Ace88*

You can make it private. Some people refuse to because they see it as giving in to the attackers. I can understand their point to a point.

Lol no thats not why they keep it public. They do it because they love attention and want as many likes/retweets/hashtags as humanly possible. Social media pushes vapidity and narcissism to the max.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Lol no thats not why they keep it public. They do it because they love attention and want as many likes/retweets/hashtags as humanly possible. Social media pushes vapidity and narcissism to the max.

Absolutely some do, but not all. You shouldn't be forced to hide from people being *******s. People just shouldn't be *******s

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
This is better than Edmonton fans bullying Eakins and calling him loser and a dick in front of his little daughter/son. At least she is mature enough to avoid using Twitter if that goes far beyond her limit. Create a new one and there should be no problem.

dougy

Mar 31, 2007
And people wonder why high profile free agents don't want to come to Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad