TV: Twisted Metal - Renewed for Season 2

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The teaser Trailer just got released...I guess they are making it an action/comedy? Not sure what to think, loved the video games way back in the day though. But I think it's going to be a massive failure.

DynastyCentralSports

Oct 14, 2020
California
www.youtube.com
The teaser Trailer just got released...I guess they are making it an action/comedy? Not sure what to think, loved the video games way back in the day though. But I think it's going to be a massive failure.

I'm going to give it a full watch, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick are attached to the development and they are great at blending action and comedy (except for Ghosted). It has potential to give the games characters (which there are a lot of them) to give them their own screen time within the plot and I think it has potential.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So apparently, this show is doing very well. 93% on the audience score on Rotten Tomatoes. Might have to give it a shot at some point.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Watched the first two episodes last night, its not half bad, if I didn't have to work this morning I might have watched the whole season, the 30 minute episodes fly by

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
It's a dumb, fun, and occasionally funny show that is fully aware it is dumb and fun and in that respect gives people what they want, which is true to its video game source.

I would call that a success.

A lot of respect for Samoa Joe as the physical manifestation of Sweet Tooth. Will Arnett does a fine job as his voice, but Joe really brings a lot of screen presence to him.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm on episode 4, and I'm really enjoying it. I've alway loved Twisted Metal, though. I played it a ton when i was a kid. I'm glad they didn't screw it up (at least thus far).

Reactions: JBeast

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I never played the game back in the day, I was under the impression it was basically just a car combat / demolition derby style thing, was there actually a storyline in the game similar to the show with the courier and having to drive and deliver stuff?

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I never played the game back in the day, I was under the impression it was basically just a car combat / demolition derby style thing, was there actually a storyline in the game similar to the show with the courier and having to drive and deliver stuff?
No there wasn't that kind of storyline in the games. The story revolved around a kingpin named Calypso who hosted the vehicle combat tournament and would grant the winner one wish. This wish, of course, would always be fulfilled in some type of twisted way that turned out for the worse for the winner.

Each character had their own backstory and reason for wanting to participate in the games.

Doublerum1975

Dec 15, 2019
No there wasn't that kind of storyline in the games. The story revolved around a kingpin named Calypso who hosted the vehicle combat tournament and would grant the winner one wish. This wish, of course, would always be fulfilled in some type of twisted way that turned out for the worse for the winner.

Each character had their own backstory and reason for wanting to participate in the games.
This season was the origin story next season should be about the tournament and maybe more characters back stories hopefully.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
They also showed that Axel is in the next season lol, can't wait to see how that looks.

Twisted-Metal-2-codes-playstation-pc.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce