TV: Twin Peaks

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I don't think I've ever enjoyed a season of a TV show more than this one. I was a big fan of Twin Peaks 25 years ago, and while I was looking forward to watching this, I wasn't expecting it to be as good as the original series. Instead, it has turned out to be better. Can't wait to see how they finish it tonight.

Thank you David Lynch.

Ditto. Best season of TV I've ever seen.

Glad to see David Lynch tying everything up nicely. LOL.

I said the same thing, haha. Had to know Lynch wouldn't be tying everything up neatly though.

:laugh:

I knew the finale wouldn't be entirely satisfying, but I wasn't expecting........that.

Right now I'm kinda mad. The first hour was great and I was excited to see where it would go, but man did I not like that final hour. Maybe my feelings on it will improve after reading some theories and rewatching the episode, but my initial reaction is disappointment. It felt so tedious and there were still several questions left unanswered. Notably:

[spoil]Wtf is going on with Audrey? What was the point of having all those scenes with her and Charlie if they led to nowhere?[/spoil]

Overall, I thought it was still a great season of television. I'm hoping they have plans for season four, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

I'm glad I committed to watch this season again right away with someone who hasn't seen it yet.

I'm not sure about your spoil, but it may have something to do with what the large superimposed Coop face said about living in a dream.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
:laugh:
Notably:

[spoil]Wtf is going on with Audrey? What was the point of having all those scenes with her and Charlie if they led to nowhere?[/spoil]

If I remember correctly, Season 2 ended with Audrey stuck in a coma after the explosion at the bank. Obviously in this series there's the question of "Who's the Dreamer?" Maybe it's Audrey, maybe it's someone else, maybe it's a bunch of people, maybe it's nothing, who knows? But the nature of her repeated arguments with Charlie are, IMO, VERY dreamlike. (Their back-and-forth conversation and inability to leave the house totally has that vibe of those frustrating dreams where you know you're supposed to go somewhere or do something, but uncontrollable events keep preventing you from doing so.) And that whole dance business at the Roadhouse. Meanwhile, Audrey is apparently having an affair with a "Billy" (presumably the bloody mouth/nose guy in the jail cell) AND somehow...had a son (Richard) with Doppelganger Cooper, possibly while IN her coma? So, even if she's "dreaming," there are still "real" people in the "real" world that she has relationships with?

I don't know. It certainly wouldn't be the first time Lynch wrote a character who got trapped in a "dream" world of their own creation, hoping to escape their overwhelming guilt/regret/instability--but whose dream world was shattered by the overpowering presence of reality. (By my count, it'd be the third time Lynch has done that?)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That was so damn satisfying! Ending with Laura screaming was pitch perfect.

David Lynch, I love you.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad