Speculation: Twas the Night Before the Deadline

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Just a thread to guess where players go tomorrow. Almost like a speculation chart.
Although Regehr, Brennan, and Leopold have already been traded post who you think will be where at 4pm tomorrow. Here is hoping to an eventful deadline this year although a lot of action has already taken place. Hopefully some top young talent coming back and a change in culture for Buffalo tomorrow.

Ryan Miller 80% :sabres 15% :bolts 5% :wings
Jason Pominville 60% :sabres 20% :cbj 10% :habs 10% :nucks
Thomas Vanek 90% :sabres 5% :flyers 5% :wild
Drew Stafford 50% :sabres 30% :wild 10% :jets 10% :devils
Jochen Hecht 70% :sabres 10% :ducks 15% :hawks 5% :nucks
John Scott 90% :sabres 5% :habs 5% :pens
Steve Ott 90% :sabres 5% :nucks 5% :hawks

Players hopeful to come back:
Young near NHL ready talent (Tyler Toffoli, Nicklas Jensen, Chris Tanev, Ben Bishop), 1st, 2nd round picks, Speed

Realistically, I think we may only see one or two moves tomorrow.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Just a thread to guess where players go tomorrow. Almost like a speculation chart.
Although Regehr, Brennan, and Leopold have already been traded post who you think will be where at 4pm tomorrow. Here is hoping to an eventful deadline this year although a lot of action has already taken place. Hopefully some top young talent coming back and a change in culture for Buffalo tomorrow.

Ryan Miller 80% :sabres 15% :bolts 5% :wings
Jason Pominville 60% :sabres 20% :cbj 10% :habs 10% :nucks
Thomas Vanek 90% :sabres 5% :flyers 5% :wild
Drew Stafford 50% :sabres 30% :wild 10% :jets 10% :devils
Jochen Hecht 70% :sabres 10% :ducks 15% :hawks 5% :nucks
John Scott 90% :sabres 5% :habs 5% :pens
Steve Ott 90% :sabres 5% :nucks 5% :hawks

Players hopeful to come back:
Young near NHL ready talent (Tyler Toffoli, Nicklas Jensen, Chris Tanev, Ben Bishop), 1st, 2nd round picks, Speed

Realistically, I think we may only see one or two moves tomorrow.

I'd be happy with one or two moves, barring they're significant ones. I'm starting to think that no one will meet Darcy's price on Pominville, he'll find no takers offering anything of value for Stafford, and he'll end up doing nothing or moving Hecht for a 7th (the equivalent of nothing). I'm hoping he comes up with more...but I'm not sure.

I'd love some near-ready NHL prospects, though. Mmm.

PS: I like your big money (30%) on Staff to Minny.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
1 is realistic.

If we see zero moves, I'll be very disappointed. I mean the deals were probably not very good but still, I wanted to see some forward progress on shipping out the old core.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I could see Luke Adam moved in one of those ....nobody cares move ..where 2 struggling prospects switch places.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Not expecting much. The 2 trades I thought would go down have already went down. I just don't see Darcy getting the kind of return he wants unless a team is extremely desperate.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Hoping to see Miller and Pominville shipped out...prospects, #1's, and young some roster player(s)

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
As a Canucks fan, Tanev and Jensen are untouchables. Only way Jensen is traded is if Vanek is in play.

As a Sabres fan, I can't wait for the firesale!!

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Should be an interesting day for me; both from a seller's and buyer's point of view! :handclap:

Good thing you weren't alive for the wheel of fortune in '70... Your head might've exploded. Or it's a win win with one of your two teams getting Perreault

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Good thing you weren't alive for the wheel of fortune in '70... Your head might've exploded. Or it's a win win with one of your two teams getting Perreault

Yeah, I'd probably hate the Sabres if I was alive back then. :laugh:

Ah well, such is life, and now I have a Sabres jersey and 5 Canucks ones.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Ohhhhh so you're 5/6 nuck and 1/6 Sabre??!! C'mon Serena

I'm working on my Sabres collection, but it's so hard to find stores that sell Sabres jerseys. :cry: Too scared to get a credit card (I would buy the entire interwebz)

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Part of me wants to do Miller to Detroit for a package with one of Nyquist/Jarnkrok going the other way.
Swedish two-way forwards for the win.

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
As a Canucks fan, Tanev and Jensen are untouchables. Only way Jensen is traded is if Vanek is in play.

As a Sabres fan, I can't wait for the firesale!!

WTF, you are "fan" of two teams? What is wrong with you.

Learn what loyalty is and then pick a freakin team!

Maybe my teams suck, but they are mine and I'm not rooting for anyone else, ever!

moltenlava26

Jul 10, 2011
I was hoping DR would make someone a healthy scratch last night to give us some clues on who was the most likely player(s) to go. He has to make some moves but how significant will they be?

I think stafford is a must trade, even just to free up some cap space.
I would like JP moved for a 1st and futures.
I am not sure if there is a market for miller.

Vanek/Ott/Coho/Foligno/Erhoff are the guys I want moving forward. Everyone else can be moved for the right price.

Got my coffee and I'm ready for tradecentre on NHL network

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
My guess:

Hecht to DET for 2013 conditional 4th (4th if Wings make it to WC Finals, 5th otherwise)

And that's it. Regier is correctly asking for a lot for guys like Miller, Poms, Vanek, and maybe even Stafford. If teams are unwilling to move top prospects or 1st rounders, **** 'em and hold our cards until the offseason when roster players who are needed for the playoff run this season will then be available.

If Hecht is the only move today, I fully expect Regier to be skewered. People have their hopes up for a monumental sea change, and they'll be bitterly disappointed if they aren't given their pound of flesh.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Starting to think the Big 3 will be here at 3 PM unless a team gets desperate and offers a lot.

I'm hoping Hecht is traded, it'd be nice to see him wrap up his NHL career on a contender.

Not really expecting much. There's always the chance for a hockey trade (Hodgson for Kassian), which is what makes things exciting.

Mellifleur

Aug 4, 2005
Buffalo, New York
Not expecting much. The 2 trades I thought would go down have already went down. I just don't see Darcy getting the kind of return he wants unless a team is extremely desperate.

Darcy should get an excellent return on Pommers. Look at what Clowe has done (this year) and what the Rags gave up for him.

Same with Vanek and Miller.

Stafford not so much....

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Darcy should get an excellent return on Pommers. Look at what Clowe has done (this year) and what the Rags gave up for him.

Same with Vanek and Miller.

Stafford not so much....

He's going to want a 1st and I don't see many GMs wanting to give that up.

Exception so far is Iginla, but they expect him to resign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad