Tvrdon on Unconditional Waivers

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Renaud Lavoie reporting that he was put on Unconditional Waivers, today. Guessing he is going to the Czech League or KHL?

He's only in his 2nd full year as a pro.

Last edited:

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Renaud Lavoie reporting that he was put on Unconditional Waivers, today. Guessing he is going to the Czech League or KHL?

He's only in his 2nd full year as a pro.

Was unhappy playing in Toledo and said so in the media so they cut hm loose

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
It's a shame he had a lot of tools but missed way too much development time due to injuries.

Still only 22 y/o though if he does go back to Europe I wouldn't be surprised if he came back over to this side of the pond in a few years.

Oct 18, 2006
Disappointing. Felt he should've been up in GR. Finished last season very strong and had a good playoffs, don't think that deserved a demotion to Toldeo.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
It's all well and good to say that, but he just needed an opportunity. Look at Frk, constant healthy scratch until AA gets injured. Then he starts playing, and starts going on a tear. I just feel Trvdon needed that same opportunity.

Sure, but there are only so many opportunities like that. Comparing him to a guy like Frk only further highlights how far off Tvrdon is for a kid who is almost 23. Frk himself is only now resurrecting his NHL chances and still has a long ways to go.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
It's all well and good to say that, but he just needed an opportunity. Look at Frk, constant healthy scratch until AA gets injured. Then he starts playing, and starts going on a tear. I just feel Trvdon needed that same opportunity.

There's a lot that we don't know about these players. Maybe he had a bad attitude or bad practice habits which led to him not getting a chance. Performance in games is only part of the evaluation process.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Huge Tvrdon guy, I am hoping he will catch on over in Europe. Not sure what the disconnect was with him and Nelson, he only got a game and was very good last year. Oh well they don't all pan out, will be rooting for him in the future and hope to see him with Slovakia in the international competitions in the future.

Sort of surprised Nedomlel has not asked for something similar in terms of a release from his contract to go over to Europe.

Frk's re-emergence is a good thing, if it meant the death of Tvrdon within the organization we have to live with that. Really hope Tvrdon uses his shot more in Europe, while a very good passer he did not use his shot near enough as a pro and he is armed with a good one.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

When it comes to forwards there's no shortage of depth. So IMO there's no use crying over a guy who couldn't handle the competition for an area where we are bursting at the seams with really good prospects.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
There's a lot that we don't know about these players. Maybe he had a bad attitude or bad practice habits which led to him not getting a chance. Performance in games is only part of the evaluation process.

Think you may have hit on something here. There have been signs in the past that Tvrdon isn't the best as far as attitude or teammate. Here's a post from caley, a mod who keeps up on lots of stuff that indicates Tvrdon has had issues in the WHL, AHL, and ECHL.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=110941639&postcount=710

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Never really big on him. would have been great if he was an amazing player. But I never really thought he was going to be.

Avery Rule

Jun 1, 2010
Meh thought he was good in Toledo, probably would have taken him over a few players in GR.

But don't think he would have been more than a decent AHL player, best of luck to him.

EDIT- Interesting, will have to find out if there were issues with him in the locker room.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
There it is - he signs with HC Slovan of KHL :

https://t.co/7fTsU9OV8r

Rough translation, but :

Played this season for Toledo. 23 games with eight goals and 13 assists, but his thoughts were already elsewhere.
His desire was fulfilled when Detroit with him a few days ago undid the contract.

I guess he wasn't happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad