TVA Sports TVA - 7 Reports on Hutson/Tuch/Farrell/Struble

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

There was a shot that showed him walking away. Boy, is he ever bow-legged. Maybe Hugo should look into getting an orthopedic surgeon to straighten out his legs. It would give him at least 3 or 4 more inches.:sarcasm:

On second thought it might screw up his skating.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
He could as he's got NHL strength, size, to go with solid skating/speed. The problem is he's only played in 56 games so far over 2 1/2 seasons in the NCAA with around 25ish games left in the season (20+ playoffs/ncaa tourny) but we'll see what kind of season he ends up having. I'd rather not have to hear about how he wants to sign with say the sabers because of his brother, so better to sign him this off-season then have him go back for his Senior year.
He would be stupid to be interested in Buffalo. They have 18-20 forwards & forward prospects that would be ahead of him (and very few are old).

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He would be stupid to be interested in Buffalo. They have 18-20 forwards & forward prospects that would be ahead of him (and very few are old).

the point was more about how people just make stuff up or assume, like Harris was never going to sign with us so he could sign with boston, heard it all year despite no clues from him saying he wanted to sign with boston.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
A player with a great stats in Jr doesn't mean that he'll become a good player in NHL, but a player with mediocre stats in Jr will almost surely fail in NHL. Of course, a few exceptions exist. If he doesn't produce at low level, then how can he produce at NHL level ? And Tuch stats look quite bad.

Reactions: Hins77

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
A player with a great stats in Jr doesn't mean that he'll become a good player in NHL, but a player with mediocre stats in Jr will almost surely fail in NHL. Of course, a few exceptions exist. If he doesn't produce at low level, then how can he produce at NHL level ? And Tuch stats look quite bad.

He projects as a 4th liner at this point and production matters less for that role. More important that he brings physicality and energy if he wants to make it.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

His freshman season was actually quite good.

Last year the injuries really punished him.

This year, I would have liked to see a bigger jump in production from him, but it's still fine. He's just not profiling like a top 6 forward but there's plenty he can bring to be a bottom 6 forward.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

It’s funny, cause martineau said :
1. « we shouldnt go on hockeydb and be upset by Tuch production’s.
2. « Tuch won’t score 50 goals in the NHL and be won’t be a top producer.
3. « Guys like Tage Thompson developp further. »

Anthony, did you look at Tage Thompson score sheet on hockeydb? Age to age, Thompson had clearly a better production than Luke Tuch. Then yes. Hockeydb show interessting stats.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
He could as he's got NHL strength, size, to go with solid skating/speed. The problem is he's only played in 56 games so far over 2 1/2 seasons in the NCAA with around 25ish games left in the season (20+ playoffs/ncaa tourny) but we'll see what kind of season he ends up having. I'd rather not have to hear about how he wants to sign with say the sabers because of his brother, so better to sign him this off-season then have him go back for his Senior year.
If Tuch signs a contract, he cannot return to the NCAA for his senior season. He loses his NCAA eligibility the moment he signs a professional contract.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If Tuch signs a contract, he cannot return to the NCAA for his senior season. He loses his NCAA eligibility the moment he signs a professional contract.

Yes, he's saying its better to sign him rather than have him go back for his senior season.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Yes, he's saying its better to sign him rather than have him go back for his senior season.
Okay, but that's not what was written. He said "I'd rather not have to hear about how he wants to sign with say the sabers because of his brother, so better to sign him this off-season then have him go back for his Senior year." Instead of "then", the word "than" should have been used if the intent was to want Tuch signed instead of him returning for his senior season. So, you can see how I interpreted it.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Okay, but that's not what was written. He said "I'd rather not have to hear about how he wants to sign with say the sabers because of his brother, so better to sign him this off-season then have him go back for his Senior year." Instead of "then", the word "than" should have been used if the intent was to want Tuch signed instead of him returning for his senior season. So, you can see how I interpreted it.

Yeah I see where it was confusing but just clarifying cause I know Montreal knows the NCAA rules

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad