Rumor: Tuukkas Rask asked for no trade list

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
It was 100% family related.

Now, whether you think he had to leave to handle it is another question entirely.
Then why are the trying to move him? There is no world in which everything between the Bruins and Rask is fine and yet trading him makes sense. They are in win now mode and have one of the best goalies in the league. They arent selling him off in his final year. They were willing to hold onto Krug to make a run, so I have no doubt they would do the same with Rask.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
It took the team a week to finally confirm the Rask story and are now actively trying to trade one of the best goalie in the league. You do the math.

Its pretty simple, if everything was good they wouldnt be trying to move him. Theres only two scenarios in which moving him makes sense. The Bruins are rebuilding or they've had enough of his crap and the headache an unpredictably of him far outweighs his play and cap hit

Rask told a reporter there was a family emergency literally that day. The only reason people didn't think there was an emergency was Sweeney's presser. But it was contradicted several days later with Neely's presser. Seems more likely to me that Sweeney did not want to give out personal family information at that time, but once Rask confirmed it himself the team followed suit.

All this being said, maybe it is a lie. Maybe it's a giant fabrication and Rask said f*** this team f*** hockey I'm out. However spreading a false story about your own daughter being sick? Really? You think that's a route someone would take?

At some point you need to accept his and the team's word and stop speculating about peoples lives. Not everyone wants to share everything. I had a family emergency a few weeks ago and not a soul besides my family knows what happens because I didn't want to discuss it. And no one is writing articles about me.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Rask told a reporter there was a family emergency literally that day. The only reason people didn't think there was an emergency was Sweeney's presser. But it was contradicted several days later with Neely's presser. Seems more likely to me that Sweeney did not want to give out personal family information at that time, but once Rask confirmed it himself the team followed suit.

All this being said, maybe it is a lie. Maybe it's a giant fabrication and Rask said f*** this team f*** hockey I'm out. However spreading a false story about your own daughter being sick? Really? You think that's a route someone would take?

At some point you need to accept his and the team's word and stop speculating about peoples lives. Not everyone wants to share everything. I had a family emergency a few weeks ago and not a soul besides my family knows what happens because I didn't want to discuss it. And no one is writing articles about me.
Saying he had a family emergency is mot giving out personal info. I also found it strange that Sweeney said they saw this coming and that his family was fine (almost as if to say, hey there is no family emergency).

Now obviously several days later after the initial siutation cooled down, they all got on the same page, but I dont blame Sweeney for being pissed in the moment. He saw this coming in all likelihood with his comments a few days before, after he had already had a chance to leave the bubble. And now Rask is going to shield himself by saying its a family issue when its really him who just doesnt want to be there.

Then to top it off we get the rumors of him on the golf course not long after

He also has history of bailing on his team so spare me, he wouldnt do this to his teammates. This is now the 4th time hes done it

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
Saying he had a family emergency is mot giving out personal info. I also found it strange that Sweeney said they saw this coming and that his family was fine (almost as if to say, hey there is no family emergency).

Now obviously several days later after the initial siutation cooled down, they all got on the same page, but I dont blame Sweeney for being pissed in the moment. He saw this coming in all likelihood with his comments a few days before, after he had already had a chance to leave the bubble. And now Rask is going to shield himself by saying its a family issue when its really him who just doesnt want to be there.

Then to top it off we get the rumors of him on the golf course not long after

He also has history of bailing on his team so spare me, he wouldnt do this to his teammates. This is now the 4th time hes done it

So you believe the GM now that it fits your narrative but not when it doesn't, i.e when he says he isnt trading him?

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
So you believe the GM now that it fits your narrative but not when it doesn't, i.e when he says he isnt trading him?
I hardly say these two siutations are even close to being a like. But for what its worth, like I said above, Sweeney's comments in the immediate aftermath where that there was no family emergency, it took him a week to acknowledge the emergency. So just use a little common sense on which comments were true

Also, Sweeney didnt say he wasnt trading Tuukka which would have been very easy to do.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
BOS: 1st Zadorov
COL: Rask
Overpayment IMO. He’s 33, you’re only getting him for 1 year before he becomes a UFA, and $7 mil is a high cap hit for a goalie (Rask is worth it, but in such a cap constrained year, it really limits trade options).

I can see Zadorov or their 1st, but not both.

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon

"bailing" all u do is spew speculation as facts.

Also here is sweeney saying he isnt looking to trade him: "As a matter of fact, our staff has communicated with Tuukka. As I said before, he remains a big part of our roster planning going forward. He was second in the Vezina balloting, and we feel very, very comfortable [with] where our goaltending is at," Sweeney said Monday.

Reactions: CDJ

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
Odd timing considering:

-He has been a Bruin his entire career.
-He has arguably the top goalie in the league during that span.
-He is still playing near or at an elite level.
-He is still under contract.
-The Bruins are in a win now mode.

I wonder what happened recently that has soured the Bruins on him?:huh:

Reactions: Bouboumaster

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Overpayment IMO. He’s 33, you’re only getting him for 1 year before he becomes a UFA, and $7 mil is a high cap hit for a goalie (Rask is worth it, but in such a cap constrained year, it really limits trade options).

Ok. 1st it is.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
whatever his reason for his decesions to sit out games in the past... if a team loses confidence in a guy, then that is that

rask was a controversial guy for a few years in boston. Last year, it actually reached a point I felt the fan base was so turned against this guy that the time had come then to trade him. It makes me feel sad, because I think he might just be the best goalie in bruin history... and he had a hell of a good regular season this past year.

But... all signs I read tell me the Bruins are ready to move in a new direction. Now, obviously everyone else is entitled to their own opinions. If another team has confidence in Rask I am sure we will see a trade go down. He is very talented/very consistent when he plays.

With Marc Andre Fleury also available for trade I think they cut down the value of each other. Not too much demand for old goalies making 7 mill a year. If Vegas is retaining or offering a pick, boston might have to as well.

There is talk about Nikita Zarodov out of Colorado... I would jump for that. If we can get more by including something disposable I would be estatic.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Five for Hooking

Oct 6, 2020

A top goalie in the league to a team that thinks they can win a cup
Trumps what you think though. Thats the way I see it anyway.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
whatever his reason for his decesions to sit out games in the past... if a team loses confidence in a guy, then that is that

rask was a controversial guy for a few years in boston. Last year, it actually reached a point I felt the fan base was so turned against this guy that the time had come then to trade him. It makes me feel sad, because I think he might just be the best goalie in bruin history... and he had a hell of a good regular season this past year.

But... all signs I read tell me the Bruins are ready to move in a new direction. Now, obviously everyone else is entitled to their own opinions. If another team has confidence in Rask I am sure we will see a trade go down. He is very talented/very consistent when he plays.

With Marc Andre Fleury also available for trade I think they cut down the value of each other. Not too much demand for old goalies making 7 mill a year. If Vegas is retaining or offering a pick, boston might have to as well.

There is talk about Nikita Zarodov out of Colorado... I would jump for that. If we can get more by including something disposable I would be estatic.
Rask is actually an elite goalie though. Teams should have interest. Fleury is a 7mil goalie who is actually not a very good option as a starting goalie anymore who carries ridiculous cap hit on top of that.

Vegas has to retain because fleury is basically a backup goalie now and never deserved that contract to begin with as it was an overreaction to a career year when most his career he was barely above average as a starter.

Rask is still one of the best in the league. Their values should be different.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Rask is actually an elite goalie though. Teams should have interest. Fleury is a 7mil goalie who is actually not a very good option as a starting goalie anymore who carries ridiculous cap hit on top of that.

Vegas has to retain because fleury is basically a backup goalie now and never deserved that contract to begin with as it was an overreaction to a career year when most his career he was barely above average as a starter.

Rask is still one of the best in the league. Their values should be different.

as a bruin fan I hope you are right... but we are seeing that contracts matter more than ever before in trade value now.

bruins are also trying to trade john moore presumably... but after seeing olli maata and jack Johnson both be worthless here this week I think a john moore trade isnt going to be easy either.

as a bruin fan... I hope for the best

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Odd timing considering:

-He has been a Bruin his entire career.
-He has arguably the top goalie in the league during that span.
-He is still playing near or at an elite level.
-He is still under contract.
-The Bruins are in a win now mode.

I wonder what happened recently that has soured the Bruins on him?:huh:

money. It’s always money.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
"bailing" all u do is spew speculation as facts.

Also here is sweeney saying he isnt looking to trade him: "As a matter of fact, our staff has communicated with Tuukka. As I said before, he remains a big part of our roster planning going forward. He was second in the Vezina balloting, and we feel very, very comfortable [with] where our goaltending is at," Sweeney said Monday.
That's GM speak plan and simple. Nothing was stoping Sweeney from emphatically saying no we arent trading him.

Jacksonbobson

Feb 2, 2009
He was gone as soon as he said "It doesn't really feel like playoff hockey right now"

just not a comment a leader can make.

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
That's GM speak plan and simple. Nothing was stoping Sweeney from emphatically saying no we arent trading him.
Just like it was GM speak in the presser where he couldnt say it was family related to leave the bubble because its not his job to disclose Rasks family matters until Rask says it himself.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Rask is one of the best goalies in the world...we know that. But most teams are set in net and can't afford to take on $7million and move pieces for him when goaltending isn't their hole. Teams that need goaltending probably wouldn't be on the 15 team list anyways. Not just this...but if the next playoffs is in a bubble...could you honestly rely on Rask? Colorado is really the only place I could see him moving realistically.

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
Rask is one of the best goalies in the world...we know that. But most teams are set in net and can't afford to take on $7million and move pieces for him when goaltending isn't their hole. Teams that need goaltending probably wouldn't be on the 15 team list anyways. Not just this...but if the next playoffs is in a bubble...could you honestly rely on Rask? Colorado is really the only place I could see him moving realistically.
Rask NMC expires on the 9th

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Why does Colorado risk getting a possible malcontent who might be retiring next offseason when they have a perfectly capable goalie on the team already who will cost way less going forward if Tuuka decides to stay? They would need to have a serious lack of trust in Grubauer to do that.

Reactions: Quack

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

1 for 1? I think I’d do that as a rental. Roll Rask and Grubauer next year and reevaluate next offseason. If he walks, he walks.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3