Not open for further replies.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Glad that he's back

Still think I'd rather ride the Hot Halak Streak until it ends

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Huh !!!! Is this a spoof
Ya not sure I’m on board with this here hot take either.

He stole at least one in the Toronto series, one of the away games iirc. Sure he could’ve been better in game 7 but the whole team looked nervous for 2 periods in front of him.

Tampa he was one of the few that showed up. If people think he or any goalie is going to be stopping Stamkos or Kucherov laser beams by his ear hole I don’t know what to tell them

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Ya not sure I’m on board with this here hot take either.

He stole at least one in the Toronto series, one of the away games iirc. Sure he could’ve been better in game 7 but the whole team looked nervous for 2 periods in front of him.

Tampa he was one of the few that showed up. If people think he or any goalie is going to be stopping Stamkos or Kucherov laser beams by his ear hole I don’t know what to tell them

plus he was the only one to show up in game 6, allowing only 2 goals on 29 shots (.931 sv%). Not his fault they could only net 1

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Please explain the bolded.

Andersen gave up 5 goals in game one (Rask gave up 1).
Andersen gave up 3 goals on 5 freaking shots in game two and got pulled halfway through the 1st period.
Andersen gave up 3 goals again in game 4 (on only 21 shots) to Rask's 1 goal.
Andersen gave up 6 goals in game 7. 6 goals in a clinching game.

Rask never gave up more than 4 goals in that series......Andersen did it twice and it would've been three times if he wasn't pulled after playing only half of one period in game two.

Rask held Toronto well below their season average of 3.3 goals per game. Andersen couldn't do the same against the Bruins.

First off, stats are fun, we all know that.
Game 1 Boston 40 shots Leafs 27
Game 2 Boston 28 shots Leafs 33
Game 3 Boston 42 Leafs 30
Game 4 Boston 21 Leafs 32
Game 5 Boston 45 Leafs 21 .....Rask pulled 4 goals on 8 shots
Game 6 Boston 33 Leafs 29
Game 7 Boston 35 Leafs 24 Rask beaten 4 times on just 24 shots

Total Boston 244 Leafs 195

Overall his 2.28 season average went up to 2.86 in the playoffs

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
If you believe this, you are wrong and watching a different game.

Tuukka wasn't great against Toronto, but Andersen flat out sucked in the 4 games they lost. He didn't give them a chance to win any of them.

You may want to crawl on the roof and adjust your antenna, Rask was pulled in game 5 after 8 shots and in game 7 he allowed 4 goals on 24 shots for a wonderful .833 SA. Thankfully we were scoring that day or else, buh bye.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
First off, stats are fun, we all know that.
Game 1 Boston 40 shots Leafs 27
Game 2 Boston 28 shots Leafs 33
Game 3 Boston 42 Leafs 30
Game 4 Boston 21 Leafs 32
Game 5 Boston 45 Leafs 21 .....Rask pulled 4 goals on 8 shots
Game 6 Boston 33 Leafs 29
Game 7 Boston 35 Leafs 24 Rask beaten 4 times on just 24 shots

Total Boston 244 Leafs 195

You may want to crawl on the roof and adjust your antenna, Rask was pulled in game 5 after 8 shots and in game 7 he allowed 4 goals on 24 shots for a wonderful .833 SA. Thankfully we were scoring that day or else, buh bye.

1. Shot totals are meaningless without context.
2. NONE of the "stats" you provided above show how Andersen was better than Rask that series......you know, your one and only argument that I was responding to.
3. You are wrong about your game 5 stats.
4. You're clearly trolling. Change my mind.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

Didn't want this to get lost in my response to the rest of your bile.....

1. Most goalies' #s go up in the playoffs because (a) the quality of competition goes way up and (b) the small sample size (1 bad game can ruin an otherwise good series).

2. Let's dig a little deeper and see who we played in the playoffs last season.

Tampa Bay
#1 offense in the entire NHL
3.54 goals per game in the regular season
Against Rask in the playoffs, they scored 14 goals in 5 games. That's 2.8 goals per game. Sounds like he did his job to me.

Toronto
#3 offense in the entire NHL
3.29 goals per game in the regular season
Against Rask in the playoffs, they scored 19 goals in 7 games. That's 2.7 goals per game. While he wasn't great or even good every game, sounds like he did his job to me.

Context......it's not for everyone.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Please explain the bolded.

Andersen gave up 5 goals in game one (Rask gave up 1).
Andersen gave up 3 goals on 5 freaking shots in game two and got pulled halfway through the 1st period.
Andersen gave up 3 goals again in game 4 (on only 21 shots) to Rask's 1 goal.
Andersen gave up 6 goals in game 7. 6 goals in a clinching game.

Rask never gave up more than 4 goals in that series......Andersen did it twice and it would've been three times if he wasn't pulled after playing only half of one period in game two.

Rask held Toronto well below their season average of 3.3 goals per game. Andersen couldn't do the same against the Bruins.

I totally agree there is no way he was outplayed by Andersen. However some people listen to the stuff Cherry was spewing. Andersen did have the bigger saves but he also had softie city. Even our great third period comeback in game 7 was greatly tks to Andersen but the media, Cherry etc wanted the total blame to go to Gardiner. Krug goal was weak than Debrusk makes a great rush stick move but than floats a puck at the middle of the net five miles an hour that a 10 yr old goalie could easily stop. This wasn't a breakaway where a guy picks the five hole and buries it . This was a weak ass shot from the side . These two goals aside Anderson had at least 3 of the other 4 super softies in the series.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad

I personally don't deal in shots , save percentage or any of that stuff. There is no stat for a goalie at least in the regular stats that gives you any good idea . The idea that all shots are created equal is just the silliest thing ever . Like I said above ,the eye test was pretty simple----- many more big saves-Andersen , far more softies-Andersen . I think their play overall was pretty close -I give the slightest of edge to Rask . I could be wrong with that assessment but what I do know for sure is Andersen play was no where near where some people had him at .

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
Love Halaks more apt to stand up style, always square to the puck unlike Tukukkas sliding around on his knees and flopping around which was hard to watch vs Toronto in last years playoffs as Andersson outplayed him. Vs Tampa he lacked making clutch saves.
Play Tuukka, get his confidence up, get some wins then trade him for a top 6 forward.

Funny when Toronto fans thought that Tuukka outplayed their goalies

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Felger took a break today from shitting on Mookie Betts playoffs and Tom Brady for being lazy to actually say Tuukka Rask has been substandard the past 2 years

Rask 71-34-10 11 shutout 9.16 GAA

Last 2 seasons

Prorated 108 & 113 points

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Welcome back, Tuukka, even though it's a couple of days later! Glad to hear things are better for him in terms of his family.

That said, I shall cuss the dear man out whenever he comes out of the net to play the puck. I get a wonderful interval workout whenever he does that- no bike or walking/running shoes required. :D Truly, though, I am happy he is back.

Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

Camjams

Jul 6, 2018
Felger took a break today from ****ting on Mookie Betts playoffs and Tom Brady for being lazy to actually say Tuukka Rask has been substandard the past 2 years

Rask 71-34-10 11 shutout 9.16 GAA

Last 2 seasons

Prorated 108 & 113 points
Felger always goes after the goalie or the coach. He knows next to nothing about the sport so that’s what people like that do. I am still waiting for him to give any insight on any member of the rest of the team. The only time that happens is when Marchand gets suspended and then Felger calls him out for being irresponsible. So predictable.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Welcome back, Tuukka, even though it's a couple of days later! Glad to hear things are better for him in terms of his family.

That said, I shall cuss the dear man out whenever he comes out of the net to play the puck. I get a wonderful interval workout whenever he does that- no bike or walking/running shoes required. :D Truly, though, I am happy he is back.

It's true, he gives me a heart attack every time he leaves the crease because he always handles the puck like it is a f***ing grenade about to go off :grin:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Rask looked like himself last night. He saved their bacon and deserved a win but solid game with huge saves. He got calmer as the game went on. Great to see!

Reactions: BBruins and Ladyfan

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I think we all just need to acknowledge that Rask sucks in October.

It's frustrating and I wish he didn't but he does.

However he will also ALWAYS turn it around by December and become one of the top goalies in the league. We will do this song and dance every year that he is here.

Reactions: TD Charlie

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

However he will also ALWAYS turn it around by December and become one of the top goalies in the league. We will do this song and dance every year that he is here.

Probably time to cut down the amount of pre-season games handed out to the likes of Zane McIntyre and get Rask up to speed earlier.

Reactions: Pia8988

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

I think we've pretty much come to that conclusion. Somewhere in here we had a discussion about his splits and it looked like this:

MonthSV%GAASO
October0.9132.564
November0.9262.126
December0.9311.9910
January0.9162.435
February0.9182.443
March0.9232.189
April0.9252.204
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I expect him to stay pretty hot through December and then he'll start to slip early January. I feel like its usually an away game too when things start to fall apart. Then he'll slowly recover month by month to close out the season.

Reactions: missingchicklet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad