Proposal: Turris + White + 1st for Giroux

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Don't see Ottawa wanting to take on the extra salary of Giroux, especially with Karlsson due for a big raise soon.

Yes and no.

Karlsson is the kind of guy who will sign for less so that the team can pay other superstars. So if we have one in house already like a Giroux or JT or even Duchene, i can see EK taking less then Market value.. (in the 8.5 range instead of the 10 range)

Skippy73

Oct 15, 2016
Bikini Bottom
Yes and no.

Karlsson is the kind of guy who will sign for less so that the team can pay other superstars. So if we have one in house already like a Giroux or JT or even Duchene, i can see EK taking less then Market value.. (in the 8.5 range instead of the 10 range)

Yeah, I just don't see them wanting to pay Girouxs 8m/year when they could probably sign Turris to an extension around 6m/year

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Yeah, I just don't see them wanting to pay Girouxs 8m/year when they could probably sign Turris to an extension around 6m/year

Giroux at 8m/yr > Turris at 6m/yr, but Turris at 6 +ELC White + 1st > Giroux.

Just a little too much imo.

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
Giroux has been declining in each of the last 4 years. There is no reason to expect that to change. He will be 30 next season..there is absolutely no reason why Ottawa should give Turris and 2 big future pieces when Turris is younger and just as good as Giroux right now.

Big pass.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
That's an awfully good offer from Ottawa. Not sure why the Sens would be interested, but obviously Giroux is clearly the best player there.

Frickley

why am i watching this
Apr 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
To add to the above, solid yes from a flyers perspective.

edit: Ideally Turris would be signed a few years longer, but a quality prospect, a first, and a quality center is too good to turn down.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Good proposal OP.

OTT gets the best player, PHI gets enough value.

I like it.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
If I'm Flyers I do this in a heartbeat.

no doubt you would.

this proposal is why some people work in professional hockey and others post on the Internet.

3 to 4 years ago the two main guys + a highly touted prospect + 1st probably would have happened. And the side getting Giroux would be crying and there'd be threads ranking it amongst the worst trades if either the prospect or the 1st panned out into a top 6/top 4.

today there is no chance an NHL GM makes that proposal

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
I wouldn't do this as a Flyers fan. Giroux had surgery and played hurt on a Flyers team with slop everywhere.

Turris is 1 1/2 years younger and due a raise past his prime. Giroux is also a ppg in the playoffs compared to Turris's 23 points in 38 games.

White is a good prospect and a 1st in a weak draft doesn't move the needle much

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
The only remotely available 1C we offer that package for is Tavares (ideally with a promise of extension), not Giroux.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad