Turn the lights out season's over

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElbowLander

Jan 12, 2018
It's done.

Team won't fire Babcock.
We kept overpaid primadonnas
We have no toughness and are soft as butter.
We subscribe to a new age NHL thinking and refuse to adapt.
Our cap is maxed out.
We have no depth.
Refs(based on calls this year) and league(based on GB comments) seem to hate us.

The sad part is the fans want to win more than the organization does.
We will be lucky to get a sniff of the playoffs.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
the title of the thread is wrong imo but the content is on poin -- were in a bad spot as an organization

The organization isn't in a bad spot, but it doesn't look like it can take a step forward without taking a step back and re-organizing its cap structure and core group. Maybe it sounds like an overreaction because they are underachieving and have run into some injury trouble, but I really do think the core mix isn't right and the personalities are wrong.

Reactions: kb and Hustlr

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
the title of the thread is wrong imo but the content is on poin -- were in a bad spot as an organization

Lol exactly, the points the OP makes are actually mostly right.

Not sure if it’s done done, but I agree with the last part, we’re going to be in a battle for a playoff spot.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
We're fine. Jesus, this board needs to chill. Too many people losing their **** over nothing.

Go see some family, call a friend. Get some air.

They’ve been a .500 team for awhile now. It’s not like they are in a rare slide. This is who the Leafs are. A bubble playoff team.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
They’ve been a .500 team for awhile now. It’s not like they are in a rare slide. This is who the Leafs are. A bubble playoff team.

This is most certainly who we are at the current moment. Unfortunately, our potential is so much higher, that’s the really frustrating part.

Reactions: Mbraunm

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
It's done.

Team won't fire Babcock.
We kept overpaid primadonnas
We have no toughness and are soft as butter.
We subscribe to a new age NHL thinking and refuse to adapt.
Our cap is maxed out.
We have no depth.
Refs(based on calls this year) and league(based on GB comments) seem to hate us.

The sad part is the fans want to win more than the organization does.
We will be lucky to get a sniff of the playoffs.
Have you heard it's legal now...it might help you relax!

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
You can use last years numbers all you like...rather meaningless really. Lot's of new faces. Also,don't you think the team will at least be a bit better with the return of the 3 regulars that are due to come back soon? They might need a few games to get up to speed,but should be a positive influence. The b2b 's really do suck...not the bet excuse but this schedule does seem unusually difficult. They haven't been practicing! All these new guys and no practice? I think the team will be better going forward.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
13 games into the season the Leafs have a slightly better record than the Blues had 13 games into the season last year or the Capitals had 13 games into the season the year before.

But, I wouldn't put much into that because while the Blues and Capitals didn't have good records they looked pretty good. The Leafs don't have a good record this year and they look like they should have a worse record.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Needed a new coach since losing round one again last year. Its just a ricochet. Well the babcoch shoots blanks so we’ll call it a resonator of failures past from him ;)

He has to go and soon. Keefe would turn this around quick. I’m not gojng to harp on it but its true, babcock sucks.

Reactions: Hustlr

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
We don't have any unmovable pieces other than maybe Tavares because of the NTC/captaincy. If this isn't the right group, we're in a good spot to retool or rebuild especially with how strong our farm system is already.

Reactions: MarnerPeachFuzz

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I don't understand the narrative that this team has no depth when our depth players have been a huge reason why we have even won as many games as we have. Our depth is among the best in the league, and they have been holding up their end of the bargain. It only gets better once we are fully healthy.

The 4th liners have consistently shown up. Even when they've had rough shifts they usually turn it around quickly. Mikheyev has been amazing. Moore has been solid all of the time with flashes of brilliance. Kerfoot has been a pleasant surprise. Kapanen has really turned it around since his poor start. Johnsson is really the only one leaving me wanting a bit more, and Spezza should not be anywhere near the top 12 once Tavares and Hyman are healthy, but if this is the Leafs having "no depth", then I guess few, if any, teams have any kind of quality depth.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Believing in Dubas vision for this team is like a religious calling. It requires blind faith in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
We're fine. Jesus, this board needs to chill. Too many people losing their **** over nothing.

Go see some family, call a friend. Get some air.
lol what if we don't have family or friends. Maybe the Maple Leafs are our family and friend. Then what do we do? I guess just discuss. Like Auston says, sometimes you gotta yell at your family. Some of these posters are yelling at their 'family'. I don't mind tbh. Seems we care more about team than the players.

Reactions: Jtown

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
The more the losses pile up hopefully we'll see Dubass canned soon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad