Turn out the lights, the party's over

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
DRW ties, CBJ to 3 to none late in the 3rd... I believe we're eliminated.

So, will Ted make changes? I'm not so sure.

UPDATE: CBJ wins over Dallas, we are officially eliminated

IMHO a complete rectal exam is called for

Last edited:

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
DRW ties, CBJ to 3 to none late in the 3rd... I believe we're eliminated.

So, will Ted make changes? I'm not so sure.

I sort of feel Ted will make changes this time, although I'm not 100 percent entirely convinced. This doesn't feel good at all, but not as bad as losing another first round or Game 7. Hopefully there is some big changes coming.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
I sort of feel Ted will make changes this time, although I'm not 100 percent entirely convinced. This doesn't feel good at all, but not as bad as losing another first round or Game 7. Hopefully there is some big changes coming.

Dittos.

Thing is, Ted is ignorant, and Ted is stubborn. He won't like anyone telling him what to do, and he'll view our voices as telling him what to do.

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
No, no, no! We must say the party's just begun! :yo: No more GMGM, right? A GIRL CAN DREAM. As I type this I'm watching the last 4 minutes of the CBJ-DAL game. The Jackets deserve to get in, though it pains me to say so.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
No reason to fire George if his contract really does end after the season. I don't see why Ted would pay a severance when he could simply just not extend him a new offer.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
No reason to fire George if his contract really does end after the season. I don't see why Ted would pay a severance when he could simply just not extend him a new offer.

I doubt he'd have to pay anything beyond the money left on the contract. So it would probably make no difference to Ted monetarily.

Ovechkin

Sep 14, 2005
I doubt he'd have to pay anything beyond the money left on the contract. So it would probably make no difference to Ted monetarily.

Could have him clean the toilets, run errands, refill condiment containers at the Verizon Center. Get some good out of him for once.

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
To be fair, this "party's" been pretty ****** since mid-April of 2010.

I'm excited to see what comes next from an organizational standpoint, and only upset because I would have liked to see this roster of forwards in the playoffs ...under a different coach of course.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Play Wilson and Kuzya in the top 6. If we have any prospects that we wanna get a look at, call them up.

Let the dudes put a little something on tape and see what we're workin' with.

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
When they did so well during the California trip, I got excited. But then they lost to teams I thought they should have beat, and then, well, it felt inevitable they wouldn't make it.

I am feeling sad.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Southeast division champs again baby wooo!

To think back to the games where Ryan Suter got a fn hatty,the many blown third period leads and the constant locker room issues. This season can't end soon enough. George gets another chance and the boys regroup this summer. Ted wins everyone over saying how close the Caps were and with hot new prospects on the horizon look for them to be contending again in no time. George....still has no concept of a veteran defenseman and then same boat this time next year.

Last edited:

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
1- Fire GMGM

2- Bring in an experienced nhl manager to do a complete rectal examination, and take things from there.

butters8814*

wow, this is depressing, i would always look foward for the caps playoff series. isnt the 03-04 season the last time the caps missed the playoffs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad