GDT: Tuesday, Jan 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
And like everything with the Oilers, they try their hardest but get zero results. Kopitar capped the night by embarrassing every Oiler on the ice including McDavid.
Whoop D doo... to that i say about time...

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
Even playing 6 vs 4 didn't help Nashville. And when it became 6 vs 5 Vegas finished it with an empty-netter.

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
Instead of getting 56 points after the regular season Vegas got them after 38 games.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
That's the type of dumb penalty that could end up costing Maroon a million bucks next year.

Unfortunate, was hoping they'd overpay him.

They're not signing him. Maroon got greedy and apparently was trying to swing for the fences with this next contract. The Oilers, in their upcoming cap situation, had no choice but to play hardball. The Cap makes some GMs very smart when their up against the the high end of the cap. Maroon's greediness cost him big time in this next contract.

Oiler fans... stop defending Maroon. Doughty's play tonight, including the hit against McDavid, were all hockey plays. I understand being frustrated... I am too, but don't be ignorant and stretch truths to excuse Maroon's selfish and careless actions.

Back to the play... Doughty swung his head around and Maroon was in the process of skating in that line so it's unlikely Maroon gets more than 2 games... especially with Doughty coming back. I feel Maroon had enough time to make a smarter play and avoid the contact. I hope he gets 5 games plus, as I feel these types of plays have no place in hockey.

Maroon made one of the most selfish plays and likely cost his team big time. With the Oiler's strong record against the Pacific this year and the significant number of games remaining against those teams - after that 4 game winning streak, I thought their was a small chance they might be able to crawl out of this hole. After the last 4 games, our current coaching regime and tonight's game,,, stick a fork in this season.

Glad it looks like Doughty will be OK.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Not sure what's worse, the Oilers, or the excuses.
There's no excuses from the sane people. The Oilers are crapping the bed when they should be nicely snug in a playoff spot. The team has way too much talent. Management is ruining the team... AGAIN.

Hopefully another 5-0 loss will force Chia to fire TMac or get himself fired by Bob Nicholson.

P.S. Maroon is a goon.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I am actually kind of surprised though because aside form the obvious PK and on the last goal when it was way out of hand, the Oilers looked better than the score. I get why that's frustrating for such a talented team. Quick rose to the occasion at several times even though he obviously wasn't the story tonight.

And no offense but even when they were mostly in the game the defense as a whole was miserable. There's some obvious individual talent there but there's clearly a gigantic missing piece. But I don't think that's the difference between where they are in the standings and where they were.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Maroon made one of the most selfish plays and likely cost his team big time. With the Oiler's strong record against the Pacific this year and the significant number of games remaining against those teams - after that 4 game winning streak, I thought their was a small chance they might be able to crawl out of this hole. After the last 4 games, our current coaching regime and tonight's game,,, stick a fork in this season.
that's the crux of it really, this was a tight 1-0 game that i fully felt the oilers were capable of coming back to win. maroon selfishly made that impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad