Post-Game Talk: Tue., Oct. 15 2013|Canucks 3 at Flyers 2

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Results matter but they're sure as hell not the only thing that should be looked at.

Read has consistently looked good out there. Simmonds got a point on Saturday (in a game we still lost.) Who's the better player right now?

Giroux has 2 points and zero goals. He's looked lost or lazy plenty, turning his effort on and off. He's being paid 8 million.

Not till next year.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
remember how we use to post pics of drinks during our wins. We should post pictures of what we are drinking to get through this season so far.

I got some J.T. Brown going on .

0001980000117_500X500.jpg

Zod

Disappointment Train
May 31, 2011
Not till next year.

Oops, right.

In conclusion, it is now my duty to make and send Read and Mason participation/effort ribbons. The rest of the team will be envious and throw themselves into a frenzy, leading to a winning streak to end the cup drought.

Be prepared.

Mike2000z28

Dec 13, 2009
Philly, now montreal
We need some JAM folks!!! We have gotten noticeably better since Berube took over, however we just haven't got any breaks really throughtout a game yet. Obviously this year is a wash already unless God starts playing on the team. It is just typical Flyers hockey our goaltending is the least of our worries and thats when our offense doesn't just crap the bed, we aren't even near the bed to crap in it!

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
We have to win 5 games in a row just to be .500. That's sad.
I can't remember the last time we actually had a decent size win streak.
Figures the one year we have solid goaltending, we can't score.
I'm keeping my hopes low for this season after what i've witnessed.
The disappointment will sit easier when all is said and done.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
We have to win 5 games in a row just to be .500. That's sad.
I can't remember the last time we actually had a decent size win streak.
Figures the one year we have solid goaltending, we can't score.
I'm keeping my hopes low for this season after what i've witnessed.
The disappointment will sit easier when all is said and done.

The Flyers ended last season on a 4-game win streak. Does that count? :dunno:

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
So Gus played 23 minutes yesterday and looked pretty good. Also McGinn is looking better (compared to preseason and the end of last year).

I really don't get why L Schenn is playing so little though. Overall he's been better then Grossmann, Coburn and Mesz who have all played way more minutes per game. Though I guess the fact that Schenn isn't scratched (and Mesz is) means ice time isn't everything.

Giroux is still invisible and that's worrisome. If he actually woke up the Flyers would most likely have at least two more wins.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
So Gus played 23 minutes yesterday and looked pretty good. Also McGinn is looking better (compared to preseason and the end of last year).

I really don't get why L Schenn is playing so little though. Overall he's been better then Grossmann, Coburn and Mesz who have all played way more minutes per game. Though I guess the fact that Schenn isn't scratched (and Mesz is) means ice time isn't everything.

Giroux is still invisible and that's worrisome. If he actually woke up the Flyers would most likely have at least two more wins.

Schenn has been probably our 3rd best d-man, behind Timonen and Gus. Still baffling.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Somewhere somebody isn't liking Schenn. That trade is looking worse and worse by the day. Considering this team needs goal scorers and JVR is doing that regularly.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If he was here this year instead of say Voracek or Simmonds, would he have scored 5 goals? I doubt it.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Somewhere somebody isn't liking Schenn. That trade is looking worse and worse by the day. Considering this team needs goal scorers and JVR is doing that regularly.

It's not like he's been playing poorly, at least based on observation.. It's aggravating and looks like a mishandling on the surface.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad