Post-Game Talk: Tue., Mar. 18, 2014| Blackhawks 2 at Flyers 3 OT

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
Giroux's shot was so amazing that when I was watching it, I thought he scored when the puck trickled back in. I was confused why JJ was screaming when the puck didn't go across just yet. Then I watched the replay and was just blown away.

at least you got to see a replay... tsn... wtf

Regarding the OT winner Giroux said he didn't really aim his shot.
Jake might wanna start trying to do the same. Just close your eyes and let it go, dude.

i thought he was shooting with his eyes closed...pleeeeez jake would it kill you to hit the net.i love jake anyway.

I thought Vinny looked really shifty with the puck last night, couple toe drags etc.

If he scores on that breakaway, I guarantee people would have considered him one of the top 3 players on the ice.

that would have been huge.i do think he is playing much better.i think he tries to be too slick though.ive been watching him and hes so big and strong that when hes in the corner he can take the puck to the front of the net at will.i wish he would try to change his style,use his size more and get down low and plow to the front of the net.i really think he could be a good power forward.just has to get that ''legion of doom''mindset.if he could start scoring...

maybe the best thing about the flyers right now is this ...we are missing on tons of opportunities against good teams and still beating them.we did not capitalize on a half dozen gimme chances last night.plus how many posts.
but to get down early,christ i thought we were gonna get destroyed after first 5 minutes...so did you...and turn it around.
giroux basically says its ok ray,just hang in there,we got this.what a leader this guy has become.
anyway,to come back from that start and outwork,outchance and easily outplay the defending champs.just ****ing awesome.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
2hyi6oo.png

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
It was mentioned a lot lately, but holy **** when G Couts and Read are out together, they are DOMINANT in every aspect.

Someone mentioned Gross has been better, which is true, but I still think vs less physical skill teams it makes sense to get Gus in and maybe rest Gross ??

We have to be ready for Thursday, Stars just got spanked 2 straight and are slipping so it is a huge game for them.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
It was mentioned a lot lately, but holy **** when G Couts and Read are out together, they are DOMINANT in every aspect.

Someone mentioned Gross has been better, which is true, but I still think vs less physical skill teams it makes sense to get Gus in and maybe rest Gross ??

We have to be ready for Thursday, Stars just got spanked 2 straight and are slipping so it is a huge game for them.

I noticed that Berube has started putting Giroux out there instead of Hall, for some important defensive zone draws when Couts is on his weak side. And you're right - that line has it all. Skill, speed, size, defensive awareness, puck possession...

I also realized the other night, that the reason Hall's face-off stats are so good on the year, is probably because he's only taking draws on his strong side. I think his win % shot up a little bit this year, so this explains that... Still, he's probably our best face off man. And he's a great 4th liner. Vocal, good on the PK - exactly what you want in a depth player.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
that game last night was a microcosm of our season. left for dead early in the game(people were acting like they were going to lose 8-0). they got it together and they were really good the last 45 minutes.
so the first part of the 1st period was like our first 10 games. the last 55 minutes was like our last 55 games.
maybe we need something like a zombie theme for the playoffs? gotta start thinking of a theme at some point.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
no matter what happens i have never seen a player turn a season and a whole team around like this in my life.

i admit there was a time when i questioned if being the captain of this team was too much for him.

even questioned his abilities.wondered if previous great play could have been sorta a fluke.

i was wrong.

i will never question anything about our captain again.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
that game last night was a microcosm of our season. left for dead early in the game(people were acting like they were going to lose 8-0). they got it together and they were really good the last 45 minutes.
so the first part of the 1st period was like our first 10 games. the last 55 minutes was like our last 55 games.
maybe we need something like a zombie theme for the playoffs? gotta start thinking of a theme at some point.

Have to clinch a spot first. ;)

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
I got two decent ideas for playoff avatars. But I'm gonna hold off until a spot is, hopefully, secured.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Kent Huskins can do this?

112 GP, 7G, 15A, 22P, +4, 18:46 TOI/G

Of course not.

You really don't have to take every thing so personal when i criticize schenn. His play speaks for itself. Schenn Was getting big minutes on a injury plagued lottery team. This year On a healthy blueline he is getting the 6th most minutes of any defender, and is playing less than anyone than kimmo during ev play simply because kimmo's workload has increased on the pp and sh situations.

He is 3.9 million dollar 6th defense man whose minutes have dwindled quite a bit since Macdonald has been here. You don't pay a guy that much money to play 15 minutes a game.

If he was getting paid 2 million a year I would be pleased. If he did not cost us JVR i would be happy. But we traded for and paid for a top 4 dman and he is not that.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You really don't have to take every thing so personal when i criticize schenn. His play speaks for itself. Schenn Was getting big minutes on a injury plagued lottery team.

He was getting 20 minutes a game before Coburn and Grossmann got hurt in March. Then it went up to 25 minutes a game. He was the #2 defenseman in 12-13.

And he has been the 5th defenseman on the team this year ahead of Meszaros and Gustafsson, and gets paid $3.6 million. Can you make one post that isn't full of factual errors? It's not Schenn's fault that Berube has played a less effective player in Grossmann ahead of him this season.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
He was getting 20 minutes a game before Coburn and Grossmann got hurt in March. Then it went up to 25 minutes a game. He was the #2 defenseman in 12-13.

And he has been the 5th defenseman on the team this year ahead of Meszaros and Gustafsson, and gets paid $3.6 million. Can you make one post that isn't full of factual errors? It's not Schenn's fault that Berube has played a less effective player in Grossmann ahead of him this season.

Funny that a coach would play defenders like mez and gus more minutes than luke despite luke being so much better.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Funny that a coach would play defenders like mez and gus more minutes than luke despite luke being so much better.

Coach makes a decision you disagree with: This coach is an idiot, how can he possibly make these lineup choices.

Coach makes a decision you agree with: See, an NHL coach agrees with what I'm saying. I can't be wrong.

I'm using "you" in a general sense referring to most HFboarders, but I'm sure if I bothered to look, I'd find a post where you disagreed with Berube and didn't hesitate to criticize him.

dookie88

Aug 18, 2008
Germany
Can you make one post that isn't full of factual errors? It's not Schenn's fault that Berube has played a less effective player in Grossmann ahead of him this season.

No point in arguing with someone who thinks he's a genius for wanting to trade Lecavalier plus a second round pick for Ville Leino.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Luke schenn

Highest rate of ozone starts of any flyer 15th in the league

http://www.extraskater.com/players/deployment?pos=D

Plays against the easiest competiton of any flyer defender 9th easiest in the league

http://www.extraskater.com/players/qual_comp?pos=D&page=3#

Here is the troubling part. He plays with a low quality of teammates. ranked 101 out of 139.

http://www.extraskater.com/players/qual_team?pos=D&page=3

The players that rank last in that category also make up the players that play against the easiest competition. So the players that play against easier competition than luke also play with worst teammates than luke.

SO the players that play the easiest minutes against the worst compeition and worst teammates include Matt Stoner, Ryan Ellis, John Moore, nick leddy, Brian Lashoff, Gonchar.

All have outproduced schenn other than lashoff and Stoner, and all are significantly cheaper other than Gonchar.

There is a case to be made that Luke schenn is the worst defender in the league when contract is factored in.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00