Tucson Roadrunners Discussion - Western Conference Champions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Boxscore from the Roadrunners vs "Mooses" (as the TRR Twitter account calls them).

http://theahl.com/game-summary?game_id=1016107

--Perlini with 2 goals on 2 shots. (but -1)

--PP went 4 of 8

-- Adin Hill stops 40 of 42 shots.

Moose(s) have the $3 million back up goalie in Ondrej Pavelec. :help:

For all of the bad luck the team has had recently, Perlini turning it around is heartening. I was ready to ship him off and cut our losses but now he's probably already deserving of being in the NHL lineup.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
4k isn't bad for attendance if they could get that just a little higher they would be a pretty good position.

I got tickets on the glass for Tuesday. I'll report back and let you guys know how it is.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
For all of the bad luck the team has had recently, Perlini turning it around is heartening. I was ready to ship him off and cut our losses but now he's probably already deserving of being in the NHL lineup.

Like most Coyote fans you lack patience. Players develop and mature differently.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America

Nah he is just starting to show signs, lets not stifle his creativity by sending him up here.

I would like to see Tuscon putting up more shots . We were outshot 42 - 24. Is that the norm for these guys?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Nah he is just starting to show signs, lets not stifle his creativity by sending him up here.

I would like to see Tuscon putting up more shots . We were outshot 42 - 24. Is that the norm for these guys?

It would fit the Tippett system :sarcasm:.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
It's nice to see Perlini producing and it should only improve his confidence, but he's shooting over 30% right now. That is...less than sustainable. Not that anyone thought he could keep up the 8-goals-in-11-games pace. I'd be pleased with half as many goals, though, and I'm pleasantly surprised by his shot generation and possession numbers.

I'm firmly in the "keep him in Tucson all year no matter what" camp, and that applies to everyone else on that roster as of this moment. Call up vets like McBain and Cunningham when you need someone to fill in on the big team. There are already more rookies on the Coyotes than Tippett can integrate. Adding more to the pile will just choke things up further.

If anything, I'd like to see more rookies in Tucson. Dvorak will have more minutes down there and in more offensive situations, for example, and that will free up minutes on the Coyotes for Strome to see more action.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I agree with most of that post, Pho, but we've already seen Strome scratched even without Dvo in the lineup. I don't think that's likely to change or that Strome is going to start getting top nine minutes based on history.
With Richardson out, one of those two need to be in the top six. No more excuses.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I agree with most of that post, Pho, but we've already seen Strome scratched even without Dvo in the lineup. I don't think that's likely to change or that Strome is going to start getting top nine minutes based on history.
With Richardson out, one of those two need to be in the top six. No more excuses.

It's one fewer excuse for Tippett to use. There's only so many centers on this team.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
There's only so many players listed at center. We could always have others pull a Martinook.

Martinook has experience at center in the WHL and (I think) the AHL. To that end, I'd be just fine with trying Domi out at center. He's one of the fastest and hardest working players on the team and probably the best forward at leading the rush. Ryan White hasn't played above the 4th line this year, so I don't think we need to worry about him. I don't believe any of the other wings on the team have meaningful center experience.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
[
Martinook has experience at center in the WHL and (I think) the AHL. To that end, I'd be just fine with trying Domi out at center. He's one of the fastest and hardest working players on the team and probably the best forward at leading the rush. Ryan White hasn't played above the 4th line this year, so I don't think we need to worry about him. I don't believe any of the other wings on the team have meaningful center experience.

Martinook did have experience, and as I've said before isn't terrible at C, he's just a much better winger imo.

Domi could actually be a good center, but it's sad we could do this instead of playing Strome still. I was mostly joking. That would also hurt our wing depth pretty badly.

With Tippett's history I wouldn't count out white or another bottom 6er playing higher than he should, center experience or no.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
[

Martinook did have experience, and as I've said before isn't terrible at C, he's just a much better winger imo.

Domi could actually be a good center, but it's sad we could do this instead of playing Strome still. I was mostly joking. That would also hurt our wing depth pretty badly.

With Tippett's history I wouldn't count out white or another bottom 6er playing higher than he should, center experience or no.

In this thought experiment, though, shifting a wing to center opens up another spot on the wing, which is where I've said Strome should be breaking in all along. I'm certainly not arguing that sending Dvorak to Tucson immediately necessitates 18+ minutes per night for Strome. It just makes it a lot more likely that he gets into games.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
In this thought experiment, though, shifting a wing to center opens up another spot on the wing, which is where I've said Strome should be breaking in all along. I'm certainly not arguing that sending Dvorak to Tucson immediately necessitates 18+ minutes per night for Strome. It just makes it a lot more likely that he gets into games.
If that's how everything happened, with Dvorak going down, wingers playing center, and Strome starting as a winger that would fine. I just think if anything another winger shifting to center would take Strome's spot. Haven't Tippett and or Chayka said they want Dvorak and Strome to play center? Doesn't mean they couldn't change their mind now though.

Mostly I'm half jokingly saying no matter what happens, I'd bet that Tippett and co will find a way to keep Strome from playing regularly.

Beretta 390

Jul 22, 2010
Update on Craig Cunningham?

What's going on with Craig? Seems the family should've had sufficient time to deal with his condition. Why are we being kept in the dark? something just doesn't feel good here.

Hope he continues to improve.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Samuelsson filling Craig's spot on the top PP unit in front of the net, hopefully he can get it going.

Michalek finally game ready, be nice to have the extra vet presence tonight.

Langhamer may get his second game in Sunday with the back to back, arrived after practice yesterday.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Perlini swats a rebound out of the air for a PP goal, RR 1-0.

6D6BB9B4-427C-488E-BD3E-B0C42E1E5F1B_zpsuftx8ltx.jpg

Last edited:

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Perlini's been an absolute beast tonight.

Got two already, and the game's not even half over yet. Wood with 2 points too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad