GBU Tuch It To 'Em. Win 6-4 in Toronto, 11/4/23

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wouldn't this play into Buffalo's advantage? There has to be an overpaid bottom 6 C with defensive chops somewhere. The issue is, even an overpaid bottom 6 C will get a lot of attention, and a team selling would have no issue eating some cap for better value.

Still, I hope to see Adams take advantage of his cap space. Sooner rather than later please!

Max value will be for a trading team to hold the player until close to the deadline and foster competitive bids. Also longer wait would mean less cap to take on for an acquiring team. There will be some of those guys moved.

Of course, this is all without yet knowing who will be in or out of the race - that's going to take months yet to crystalize.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
The Leaf fans out there should be terrified of that assessment of their blueline. Why are they exhausted 11 games into the season? Liljegren just got hurt, it's not like they're leaning into a lot of minutes for guys for an extended period (like last fall for Buffalo). Why are his defensemen so gassed? Part of it was opponent, but there is definitely a deeper problem.
Isn’t MCabe and Gio hurt too? Maybe they get a bit better when they return?

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Jost or Biro look way more effective with their 8 minutes than krebs does with his 6 minutes.

But ideally we would have signed some actual depth during the offseason. Hathaway, Haula, Fast, Acciari, E-Rod, among others were all available and signed reasonable deals.
Those players aren't depth forwards, none of them would have been ok signing as the 12/13th man.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Those players aren't depth forwards, none of them would have been ok signing as the 12/13th man.
Do you not consider 3rd and 4th liners depth? All of the players I listed would be higher in our line up than 12/13th.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Isn’t MCabe and Gio hurt too? Maybe they get a bit better when they return?
Oh man, relying on an aging Gio and McCabe to fix that defense doesn't sound too inspiring.

The Leafs lack a #1 defenseman and depth on defense. They also lack scoring depth. Their goaltending is blah. I love that they signed Klingberg, Reaves, Domi, and Bertuzzi. Those are bad defensive players to scatter throughout the LU.

Truth is, team toughness is an issue, but I also think their core players don't have that win at all cost mentality. If you look at a team like Boston, they had Chara as a leader early on, and he set the freaking tone for that franchise. Matthews and co. Aren't from that ilk.

Reactions: DJN21 and Dingo44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad