News Article: TSN's Pittsburgh Penguins off-season gameplan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
oof

Since 2005-2006, Tomas Vokoun owns a .921 save percentage, the second-best among goaltenders with at least 250 games played in that span, so he was an overqualified No. 2 when he signed with the Penguins last summer.

When Marc-Andre Fleury faltered in the playoffs, Vokoun stepped in, played a career-high 11 playoff games with a .933 save percentage.

Over the last three regular seasons, Marc-Andre Fleury has a .916 save percentage, which ranks 16th in that time; not outstanding, but decent.

The trouble, of course, comes in the playoffs. Since winning the Stanley Cup in 2009, Fleury has played 31 games and posted an .880 save percentage, the worst among 25 goaltenders to play at least 10 playoff games over those four seasons.

Which one is the starter again? There's the biggest reason why I feel the least optimistic about this team heading into the season in a long time.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
I don't know what to say man....
This article has a "more of the same next season" vibe to it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Briere if he came cheap. Could either play 3rd line wing, or maybe get a shot on the wing with Crosby as he plays a speed game. Also clutch in the playoffs, which is totally what we need.

Also...wondering if Nathan Horton could fit....
Would love to see: Neal - Malkin - Horton. That would be pretty awesome.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
This doesn't need its own thread. The same article is being discussed in the summer trades and acquisitions thread. And all the same player debates that will show up here, are already there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad