TSN's off season look at the Preds

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
So they say star players are around 80... So to them webber had a sub star year? Or at best an average star year... ? Combined that with some wrog ufa and rfa status and other things I think this was a loss poor read.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
The guy says we need to add 3 top six forwards but his capgeek team for us adds nobody but ray Whitney who is like 90??

Whatta waste of a read, at least it was something preds to keep us occupied until the draft

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The guy says we need to add 3 top six forwards but his capgeek team for us adds nobody but ray Whitney who is like 90??

Whatta waste of a read, at least it was something preds to keep us occupied until the draft

I'd say his scenario is far more likely than us actually getting three top-6 forwards.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Whitney would have been a great fit after he left Carolina. Now I'm not so sure he has anything left. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Poile grasp at straws and sign him after we lose out on other free agency options.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
It's Scott Cullen. He's not a great contributor for TSN IMO. He does all their "player rankings" based on some formula that he's made. It's hit or miss. His off-season game plans are usually way off on every team lol.

He's a stats only guy basically.

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
Did you notice it hardly varied from last year's eval?
I doubt he looked really hard. Let's face it, right now, does this team look like a threat to contend based on what is known? They have a solid back end, but lack scoring. That is a long shot every year, and until the Preds show a reason, nobody will expect them to exceed 1st round.

SeventyOneTN

Oct 26, 2009
Did you notice it hardly varied from last year's eval?
I doubt he looked really hard. Let's face it, right now, does this team look like a threat to contend based on what is known? They have a solid back end, but lack scoring. That is a long shot every year, and until the Preds show a reason, nobody will expect them to exceed 1st round.

Agreed, but I want meaningful hockey late in the season. I miss that, we kind of sort of had that for a little while this past season, but I want the real thing.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Agreed, but I want meaningful hockey late in the season. I miss that, we kind of sort of had that for a little while this past season, but I want the real thing.

I'm afraid we didn't make the necessary change to make that happen. I'm hopeful PL will get Willy on track and continue to move Smitty in the right direction, while nurturing Hook's game. But, until GMDP can find the magic that made the Sully trade or the PK/Arny/JP signings, we simply aren't going to have sufficient scoring to go deep.

GMDP signed ONE guy who we could expect to contribute significantly to scoring over the last two off-seasons, in spite of losing the guys we did after the Phoenix debacle and moving Erat. Trotz here, gone, whatever - doesn't matter - we need scoring and it's gonna' have to come from signing a couple of FAs - and we haven't signed that kinda' guy in a VERY long time. I'd like to think throwing a ridiculously large check at one of the elite guys is gonna' do it, but before PK came we had Sully and a couple kids that had shown a bit more than anyone we have except Smitty and it looked a little more hopeful/respectable than it does now. It seems finding a guy like Arny that has had success and is looking for opportunity and a chance to step-up his leadership might be the right answer, but the more elite guys out there don't seem to have that kinda' guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad