Code:
div **
    text-align: justify;
    text-justify: inter-word;
}

div.article-content p **
    margin-right: 26%;
}

To make the preview text for the articles below the headline article justified, and not so close to the images. [I've never messed with CSS before, which may be obvious, but this did what I wanted it to do.]

Edit: Yeah, this was clearly not the best way to do that. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

I like the second change, but the first one is too generic of a selector (div). It will affect every DIV element on the site resulting in things like:

http://i.imgur.com/DN5wpfo.png

Always try to target by class/ID or at the very least by DOM. The latter means you specify the elements preceding your target one like this to only target the element you want:

div.headline > div.article-content **
text-align: justify;
}

The above means only DIV elements with class "article-content" that are immediate children of DIV elements with class "headline" will have the CSS applied.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Dunno if this has been said, but two ads before each video is unacceptable.

I don't see any ads with ******* Plus & Ghostery extensions installed. Which videos play ads for you?

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
TSN has two ads before each clip now.

I remember ad blockers causing a bunch a trouble last time I tried them.

I know you meant TSN website that has two ads, but I don't see any no matter which video I play. I was asking if you could link me to a video (from TSN's website) that plays two ads before you can watch it so that I could try and reproduce.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The web is quickly moving away from mobile versions of sites. From now on you will increasingly see unified versions that render nicely on any device/platform.

Just because HFBorads is stuck in the 20th century doesn't mean the rest of the internet is.

That's funny because I use Firefox for android and have it set to display full web pages.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
That's funny because I use Firefox for android and have it set to display full web pages.

My very point was that soon there will be no distinction between mobile & full layout - you will have one responsive design no matter where you browse from.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I have abandoned all news websites for twitter, so never noticed. You could probably disable all javascript and images... would be a hell of a lot quicker and easier on the eyes..lol

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
All new websites look like this now, they all look like blogs and are dumbed down, perfect for phones and tablets. Not perfect but the previous template TSN was using was horrible, too busy, looked like they were stuck in the 90's.

rumple03

Oct 1, 2008
Almost all sites are going this way, you might as well get used to it. It's called bootstrapping, a css theme that dynamically scales and sizes to the screen it is viewed on.

Raider917

Feb 4, 2004
Nova Scotia
Almost all sites are going this way, you might as well get used to it. It's called bootstrapping, a css theme that dynamically scales and sizes to the screen it is viewed on.

why are espn not doing this? it looks horrible to me. they should at least give users the option of using this new format or the older one. mlb.com does that with gamedays.

Enhanced

Sep 26, 2008
Toronto, ON
The one thing I hate the most from the redesign is the loss of the video player in the main page. I don't want to go to the videos tab to start watching videos; 90% of the time I go on TSN.ca is to watch highlights and clips from what they shown on TV. I don't care about their articles. Even worse, since the videos have it's own page now, it's hard to see what the next video is (where as when it was a smaller player on the main page, you can simple glance to see what's next on the list).

Absolutely inexplicable that they would change this. Do their tech guys not see from their web traffic that a bunch of people come to their site to watch the videos? Why would they hide it under another tab? Makes no sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad