TSN Top 50 prospects outside the NHL

coachbob

Jan 11, 2004
ONTARIO
Visit site
Nice to see the Leafs with #1 Nylander and #6 Marner on this list. What about #8 ranked Jimmy Vesey, will he make it 3 Leafs in the top 10.
When is the last time we had this kind of highly ranked prospect list? The future is looking brighter fellow Leaf fans.

Craig Button

TSN Hockey's Top 50 NHL-affiliated prospects

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-s-top-50-nhl-affiliated-prospects-1.436669

william-nylander.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Nice to see the Leafs with #1 Nylander and #6 Marner on this list. What about #8 ranked Jimmy Vesey, will he make it 3 Leafs in the top 10.
When is the last time we had this kind of highly ranked prospect list? The future is looking brighter fellow Leaf fans.

There is a good chance that he might sign with the Leafs

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Button is an idiot.

As the Leafs 5 prospects he put both Nielson and Timashev before Kapanen.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Button is an idiot.

As the Leafs 5 prospects he put both Nielson and Timashev before Kapanen.

Why would that make him an idiot? Kapanen is demonstrably better than those two?

I could certainly agree but I don't think someone who thinks Kapanen is less valuable than Nielsen or Timashov is an idiot.

Button spends a lot of time watching prospects and talking to scouts who spend even more time watching them.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Marner's too low, and having him below Dvorak is pretty lol worthy, but oh well. At least Willy is getting some recognition! :handclap:

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Why would that make him an idiot? Kapanen is demonstrably better than those two?

I could certainly agree but I don't think someone who thinks Kapanen is less valuable than Nielsen or Timashov is an idiot.

Button spends a lot of time watching prospects and talking to scouts who spend even more time watching them.

It could also be the fact that he sees those guys hitting the NHL quicker or making more of an impact in the league than Kapanen.

I mean, you could also take a look at the prospect rankings that this board has voted on and question how we can call anyone stupid.....

finnbalor*

Saw Button on Leafs Lunch talking about Dvorak projecting as an elite 1C, I'm not so sure on about that assessment.

Button at least stirs the pot.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Saw Button on Leafs Lunch talking about Dvorak projecting as an elite 1C, I'm not so sure on about that assessment.

Button at least stirs the pot.

Button pretty low on Dvorak if he thinks his ceiling is an elite AHL 1C

Surely he's not talking about an NHL 1C? :sarcasm: :laugh:

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Dvorak is out producing Marner although he is a year older.

Dvorak's draft year.. 41 goals, 109 points in 66 games... in TWENTY TWO less games he has 40 goals and 90 points. He has had a massive season. Yes he plays with Marner but Marner plays with Dvorak too.

both are strong prospects even if Dvorak wasn't drafted as high.

Azura

Nov 16, 2007
Dvorak isn't going to be a #1 centre period, let alone an elite one.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Dvorak is out producing Marner although he is a year older.

Dvorak's draft year.. 41 goals, 109 points in 66 games... in TWENTY TWO less games he has 40 goals and 90 points. He has had a massive season. Yes he plays with Marner but Marner plays with Dvorak too.

both are strong prospects even if Dvorak wasn't drafted as high.

Dvorak had like 14pts in 30ish games in his draft year.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Dvorak was injured in draft year. Sure look like he has good chance to be an NHLer.

I'm not sold on Kapanen. So having Timo and Neilsen ranked ahead of him is necessarily outlandish.
He does have issues in order to be an NHLer.
Kapaneen is still of junior age and certainly has time to grow as a player as every does on list.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Dvorak was injured in draft year. Sure look like he has good chance to be an NHLer.

I'm not sold on Kapanen. So having Timo and Neilsen ranked ahead of him is necessarily outlandish.
He does have issues in order to be an NHLer.
Kapaneen is still of junior age and certainly has time to grow as a player as every does on list.

I thought it was more weird Brown was not in the top 5. I had to check if there was an age restrictions on these rankings?!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
agree with Button that Timashov and Nielsen are in our top 5 - and have said as much in our prospect voting threads.

I'm not convinced Johnson is up there....but it's hard to judge him playing in sweden, so maybe he does deserve it. Personally I would slot Kapanen in the top 5 instead, though.

But I agree 100% with Tima and Nielsen in there.

finnbalor*

Kapanan shows flashes of complete domination, a handful of time in the WJC he just took the puck and skated through everyone, the same play he scored the tournament winner on.

Watched every WJC game and while on a line with Rantanen, Kapanen was the star of the line IMO. Not saying Kapanen is a better prospect but certainly comparable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad