TSN Player Rankings

Out East

Jan 11, 2013
Halifax NS
I'm pretty much new here so probably this has been discussed in the past but I ws looking at TSN's player rankings for the season up to Jan. 31st and man does that list show how A: flawed their formula is or B: how useless stats are to truly show a players impact on the game. Markov is 82nd far behind Gallagher and many others, such as Tom Pyatt, yes the very same Tom Pyatt...

What is the point of even making such a meaningless list?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I'm pretty much new here so probably this has been discussed in the past but I ws looking at TSN's player rankings for the season up to Jan. 31st and man does that list show how A: flawed their formula is or B: how useless stats are to truly show a players impact on the game. Markov is 82nd far behind Gallagher and many others, such as Tom Pyatt, yes the very same Tom Pyatt...

It got you to read it, right? That's the point, really.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005

The same Tom Pyatt? I doubt it.

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Tommy Pratt

The bolts getting all of our scraps Pyatt was not bad but he was soft as butter.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Pyatt was a black hole for offense. He sucked in all offensive plays for both his team and the opponents. Playing him basically meant the game was 50min long instead of 60 because nothing would happen when he was on the ice for or against.

Timelord

Stanley Cup polisher
Dec 18, 2011
It's way too early for statistical analysis. Gallagher happens to be a +6 in 7 games, which prorated to 82 games would be +70, MVP territory.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Why are you guys *****ing about Pyatt? Guy has been absolutely incredible and a huge piece to Tampa's awesome start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad