TSN Mock Draft (Craig Button & Pierre McGuire)

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
so lets say the draft breaks exactly like this who's ready to boil a boot and eat it on youtube?

as a wild fan if zbad is there at 10 i don't think Wild pass on him, but hey friday will be fun either way.

PensFan1253

May 22, 2009
East Liverpool, OH
The Hawks won't draft a Dman at #18. I really, really like Klefbom, but with Olsen, Leddy, Lalonde, Johns, Holl and Stanton in the pipeline, there's just no need.

The mock in general was just really brutal. But it was expected.

I can actually see Chicago taking a D-man, not because of need, for trade purposes. That at #18 would help trade a contract for cap purposes, since the ugly hand of Dale Tallon still resides. Out of all those names, Leddy is the only one untouchable

Me personally, I want Phillips or Murphy. The Pens need a puck moving defenceman, but they need a scorer, too. But Phillips will be long gone by then

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Pretty brutal. But that's what happens when you have two guys who don't even watch the players. I mean, Pierre spends all year watching the NHL.

Pierre is such an idiot. He literally ruined the mock draft. Obviously Oilers take RNH and the Avs take one of landeskog, hubredeu or Larsson. But because of Pierre of course craig takes RNH at pick 2 which skiewed the rest of the 28 picks

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Larsson is a more pressing need for the oilers. It also balances their lineup as they are already forward heavy. larsson has been on the radar for a while as a cant miss. Tambo still prob gets rhn due to his obssession about missing out on tyler last year, but the best pick for the org is larsson.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Avs picking rhn is strange imo. better they go for lando . if larsson goes first it will interesting how far rhn could slide.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Kinda OT but Button just did his "Best of Class" (Like best goal scorer, playmaker ect) and he said Dougie Hamilton was the best defensive defensemen and Beaulieu was the best skater in the draft...

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Larsson is a more pressing need for the oilers. It also balances their lineup as they are already forward heavy. larsson has been on the radar for a while as a cant miss. Tambo still prob gets rhn due to his obssession about missing out on tyler last year, but the best pick for the org is larsson.

Tired of seeing this argument.

The last time the Oilers had a legitimate #1 centre was Doug Weight. They actually have better defensive prospects and roster players than they do centremen. Christ, their prospect system and their team are made up entirely of 3rd line C's outside of Gagner, who might be a 2.

And if the Oilers pass on RNH, he isn't sliding. Not with the amount of scouts who have him at #1.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
The guy is nuts. hamilton could turn out to be the real deal buy beaulieu is not the best skater.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Oilers have a pressing need in both, but d is much more crucial. larsson can play asap. rhn may take 2 to 3 years.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Good comedy effort there.

There were some decent picks in there...

But guys like Siemens, Armia, Miller falling right off the map...why for? lol. anyway...not too surprised by the hilarious result with those two minds coming together.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Tired of seeing this argument.

The last time the Oilers had a legitimate #1 centre was Doug Weight. They actually have better defensive prospects and roster players than they do centremen. Christ, their prospect system and their team are made up entirely of 3rd line C's outside of Gagner, who might be a 2.

And if the Oilers pass on RNH, he isn't sliding. Not with the amount of scouts who have him at #1.

Beat me to it. Since when do wingers equal centre depth. Well they have Hall and Eberle so they are set up front. I dont get the logic especially considering the Oilers play in the west

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
One a semi related note..

TSN has a video of the prospects on a rollercoaster. Who is the other guy in the blue shirt? There is RNH, Hamilton, Landeskog, Huberdeau, Larsson and ... That doesn't look like Strome.. RNH's brother? Anyone?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad