News Article: TSN: Marner ready to play if it's safe

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Marner ready to play if it's safe
Marner talkin bout that getting back thang real hard on this one. Also some possible places where to play for example a columbus one. It's only a 1 minute video so y'all newbees can also watch it and not get bored. Us old schoolers is used to watching 4 hour long vhs videos, but this is a short one sire. Enjoy and be ready for a marner comeback. That guy might explode late this season and win a cup for us mayne. That hard right thurr.

Reactions: Kazinski

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Marner isn’t a Doctor last i checked. How is someone going to get sick when they are self isolated and tested and re-tested before they even play a game. They should bring them together now for testing and self isolating before games go so they can assure someone signalling no symptoms is for sure safe.

The Nhl knows already how this will be implemented or there will be no season I’m going to suggest

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Not a great comment from Marner. I'd argue with all the regular testing and quarantining it is actually safer than the average persons visit to Costco.
You're not engaged in close physical contact with individuals throwing bodily fluids everywhere in Costco, I hope.

It's not just about Marner, though even non-fatal impacts from coronavirus could destroy careers. It's about at-risk individuals in the league, and staff that would need to be employed. Tests aren't perfect. Nobody can be 100% quarantined from everything.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Testing on its own is not full proof. Something like 15% of all tests are errors both ways. For lots of different reasons including improper swabbing, improper carrying of samples, lab errors and mislabelling of samples. And this has occurred already and NHL is aware of it with Sens. There was a player who tested negative, positive, negative, positive and then negative for 2 straight times before he was cleared. And of 2 guys who had a cough who were both tested after SJ game, 1 was confirmed to have it and other was not. But other guy did get a 2nd test and it was positive. It was nothing for either guy but a cough which they could have easily played through.

So bottom line because you test negative before a game does not mean you actually are negative. There is always some risk in a contact game you will catch it. But that is not where da real risk is. Da real risk is catching it in da room with your team mates. It is very likely most of Sens team actually had it but they were completely non symptomatic.

The real issue as Mitch has stated is all it takes is one guy with diabetes/asthma who gets it and goes down hill fast. And it is more than likely to happen even with precautions. All it takes is 1 guy on a team to get dry cleaning one day. Testing is great but it is not da saviour. We still need a cure or a vaccine.

That said i think da risk is pretty small and getting smaller by da day. But what he said he could happen. The NHL better get insurance for it. Because it could occur. We know so little about this virus it is disgusting.

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
You're not engaged in close physical contact with individuals throwing bodily fluids everywhere in Costco, I hope.

It's not just about Marner, though even non-fatal impacts from coronavirus could destroy careers. It's about at-risk individuals in the league, and staff that would need to be employed. Tests aren't perfect. Nobody can be 100% quarantined from everything.

Have you been to Costco?

Reactions: Madap and al secord

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Not a great comment from Marner. I'd argue with all the regular testing and quarantining it is actually safer than the average persons visit to Costco.

What exactly is wrong with his comments?
He says...

1 - If they start up, he's ready to go

2 - What happens if SOMEONE (not himself) gets sick, and or dies. What then.

3 - Other players in the league have more to worry about when it comes to this virus.

4 - There is money to be made/lost

So what exactly do you take issue with?

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
There's not going to be a vaccine for years. If it's so unsafe now, why will it be safe in 3 months or 6 months or 6 years?
At best we'll get told there's a treatment that passed clinical trials and assured it's alright to go back to normal. The first SARS vaccine showed up more than a decade after the SARS outbreak. Are we going shut down all pro sports for a decade? The virus is demonstrably nearly universally harmless to the young and the healthy.

Reactions: DatSnipeMatthews

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Marner isn’t a Doctor last i checked. How is someone going to get sick when they are self isolated and tested and re-tested before they even play a game. They should bring them together now for testing and self isolating before games go so they can assure someone signalling no symptoms is for sure safe.

The Nhl knows already how this will be implemented or there will be no season I’m going to suggest

Mitch has a legitimate concern. Go watch his twitch interview.

He talked about how many players in the NHL have underlying health conditions that could prove to be dangerous in a close body contact sport like hockey. Example he gave was Max Domi who has type 1 diabetes; which makes him a high risk candidate to resume playing hockey - in case of COVID

On a lighter note what we gonna do when Marchand wants to "lick" people and pass on bodily fluid to another player? ;)

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
All the cheques are in the bank so no need go back.
On that note, I hope the Leafs are not planning to dole out any signing bonus payments on July 1st. Hold those until they’re sure there will be a full season next year.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Mitch has a legitimate concern. Go watch his twitch interview.

He talked about how many players in the NHL have underlying health conditions that could prove to be dangerous in a close body contact sport like hockey. Example he gave was Max Domi who has type 1 diabetes; which makes him a high risk candidate to resume playing hockey - in case of COVID

On a lighter note what we gonna do when Marchand wants to "lick" people and pass on bodily fluid to another player? ;)
Make him wear a mask. Probably they can customize one to fit his nose

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Was at Costco Okotoks Friday.

All rather civil and respectful for the most part.

No different than Superstore, Safeway ... except a lot more social distancing space.

Most people aren't idiots but obviously there are people who aren't clued it.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016

Costco doesn't care about numbers just their bottom line. They want us to mask up so they can have more in the store. Most workers when the store is closed work with the mask around there neck. Then use the same mask for the rest of there shift.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
The main board thread of this is utter trash.
Oh yeah? Yeah mayne you already know how we do it here sire we bout or people and our money/organization. We always so glad and smiling when our leafs is doing it right and get that joy when we see our other fellow leaf fan doin aaaaight and seeing our maple leafs doing good. That unites. I'ma keep out of some of those main board bashings. They treally jelious of us sire. You already heard about it? The word on the streets? They talkin bout "wanting to be like us and having all of OUR money."... Mayne they hatin and jeliosing that thang up hard. The other guy was saying like: "Why can't my team have so many young fresh talentes as forwards like marner, matthews and nylander etc is?"

Being motivated by haters is really deep. I mean treally treally, treally deep. Gets y'all going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad