TSN Leafs Lunch

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
at least he admits that he was lazy though - and if he hadn't been, he would/could be better, and he regrets it.

oh - just saw your last post. but he has said that's why he does it though. because he doesn't want others to feel the same way he does now.

Yeah. I respect the fact that O'Neill can at least admit it, albeit grudgingly. Try getting that from any other retired player under the age of 50 . . . you'll not find one. And I respect the fact that he wants to encourage people to take advantage of the skills they have - whatever they may be. It's a good message, and one from a guy who achieved greatness in his time and yet still has regrets that he could have done so much more. It's a very good message.

A message that would resonate more if O'Neill actually got himself into proper shape and wasn't such a slacker, but . . . sigh. That's real life, folks! And that's why I like him - he's real.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
i don't, not anymore.
we're seven points behind them. that's skeery man.

yeah I'm ready for them to go on a nice winning streak. Ottawa too. I don't want any Canadian team (outside of maybe Calgary which is mostly the least of all the evils) having the chance to draft ahead of us

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
To be honest, no. I love hearing about Montreal losing

Seconded.

In fact, I will go one further . . . I want it to become our national pastime, talking about the EPIC COLLAPSE OF THE HABS.

God, it sounds so beautiful to be on the other side of that phrase. :popcorn:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
yeah I'm ready for them to go on a nice winning streak. Ottawa too. I don't want any Canadian team (outside of maybe Calgary which is mostly the least of all the evils) having the chance to draft ahead of us

nope. Burke ruined Calgary for me.

not a one of them thank you.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I love O-dawg's list . . . almost perfect.
With one switch:

7 - EDM (agreed for all reasons - McDavid, 1st lottery picks galore, McDavid)
6 - MTL
5 - VAN
4 - CGY (they have Gaudreau, Giordano, and were in the playoffs last year.)
3 - OTT (they have Karlsson, and in the playoffs last year. Plus, it's Ottawa.)
2 - WPG (they deserve some love, and a new guy to build around)
1 - TO baby

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
I love O-dawg's list . . . almost perfect.
With one switch:

7 - EDM (agreed for all reasons - McDavid, 1st lottery picks galore, McDavid)
6 - MTL
5 - VAN
4 - CGY (they have Gaudreau, Giordano, and were in the playoffs last year.)
3 - OTT (they have Karlsson, and in the playoffs last year. Plus, it's Ottawa.)
2 - WPG (they deserve some love, and a new guy to build around)
1 - TO baby

scabs still gotta be last

Pholus

May 23, 2014
The problem with these lists, is that the Leafs are the only team that 'deserve' a high pick imo. Unfortunately, there has to be a team at #2/3/4...

My list would be like:
1. Leafs
2. nobody
3. nope
4. no way
5. Cal/Peg/Van
6. Mon/Ott
7. Edm

Cal maybe could slide up to 4, but Burke realized that he didn't know what he was doing and now is building a team the right way... :shakehead

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Regarding the Kane cash stacking pic. Not a fan of it because its a dbag maneuver not because of the current economic climate.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
noodles would give Edmonton the #1 pick again?

I don't like noodles anymore.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
noodles would give Edmonton the #1 pick again?

I don't like noodles anymore.

It's the first time he really, really annoyed me. He tries to be a contrarian at times, but (as someone mentioned on this forum) he'll backtrack halfway through his argument.

White Water Kayker

Nov 28, 2014
I love those guys. Am down in S. America and tune in every day... when the three of them are together it's gold. Like when Button is in there too, but if they put Geno Reda on again I may have to shoot someone. Brutal.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Gotta love when O dog uses the name of a HGTV show for a game show and refuses to change it. I get it is just a silly segment on a radio show but people seriously hate it when you tread on their copyrights.

OvenMittz*

Listening to leafs lunch..

They make great points.. Leafs got a slap to the face by the league for no events on the 100th anniversary.

They're all in disbelief too...

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Listening to leafs lunch..

They make great points.. Leafs got a slap to the face by the league for no events on the 100th anniversary.

They're all in disbelief too...

Ya. So much for Uncle Larrys' influence with the NHL Executive Committee on which he sits... apparently on his hands... lips zippered.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
The 25 million the Leafs pay in revenue sharing every year ain't enough.

,,,, not just that, we drive Central NHL Revenues like no other through merchandising sales which are then split equally amongst the other 29 teams, and no way no how did the NHL secure what it did for Canadian Broadcast Rights (also split) from Rogers without Toronto driving the ratings. Throw in new media, beyond substantial. Unfortunately we really havent had a voice at the table since thje Conn Smythe era. No one took Ballard seriously for near on 30 years; Stavros didnt care, wasnt a "hockey guy" and nor did the Teachers Pension Fund. Wasnt until recently with finally the NHL appointing Larry T to the all powerful 10 member Executive Board that we had any involvement at all in over 45 years. Ballard, then 20 years of internecine Board Room Wars, and those are still going on. I dont know what World Jacobs & the rest of them are living in that they just take for granted Toronto, Centennial meaningless to them apparently. Whats more, absolutely no confidence that Tannenbaum wouldve even uttered a word about Outdoor Classic, ASG or whatever. Doesnt wanna rock the boat.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
,,,, not just that, we drive Central NHL Revenues like no other through merchandising sales which are then split equally amongst the other 29 teams, and no way no how did the NHL secure what it did for Canadian Broadcast Rights (also split) from Rogers without Toronto driving the ratings. Throw in new media, beyond substantial. Unfortunately we really havent had a voice at the table since thje Conn Smythe era. No one took Ballard seriously for near on 30 years; Stavros didnt care, wasnt a "hockey guy" and nor did the Teachers Pension Fund. Wasnt until recently with finally the NHL appointing Larry T to the all powerful 10 member Executive Board that we had any involvement at all in over 45 years. Ballard, then 20 years of internecine Board Room Wars, and those are still going on. I dont know what World Jacobs & the rest of them are living in that they just take for granted Toronto, Centennial meaningless to them apparently. Whats more, absolutely no confidence that Tannenbaum wouldve even uttered a word about Outdoor Classic, ASG or whatever. Doesnt wanna rock the boat.

that sucks. (also i just learned a lot thanks Killion).

seriously. i wish there was somehow we can just be you know. let's see how everyone does without us. and pull out our revenue shares.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
that sucks. (also i just learned a lot thanks Killion).

seriously. i wish there was somehow we can just be you know. let's see how everyone does without us. and pull out our revenue shares.

... ya, unfortunately that wont happen, the Pension Funders like Bell & Rogers, corporate mentality & you just dont "demand" let alone "threaten". Tannenbaum as Minority Shareholder has been playing it right down the middle, playing a game of Chess in increasing his shares & of course personal wealth. He's certainly not going to take on Jeremy Jacobs & Ed Snider, Anschutz/AEG or anyone else on the 10 Member Executive Committee. He's just a Junior Partner with MLSE. Cynically, I dont think he'd say **** to them about an Outdoor Game or anything else if his mouth was full of it, angry, piqued, upset annoyed at the really pretty blatant & obvious slight,lack of respect.

The Rangers, our nearest neighbors in terms of wealth which you would think would result in influence, they have a very strained relationship with the NHL. Have had for years. Lawsuits threatened, some making it to court, most notably the one over website control, merchandising & broadcast control etc.... But of course in our case, if Leaf fans complain about any of it, NHL Mouthpieces like Whizzer up there drop the fly & let loose in the twitterverse, that were all a bunch of "entitled brats" and "hockey elitists". NHL brass plays it, counts on it... unfortunately this is what has become of the society we live in. Control the medium (media) and you control the message. I take serious umbrage with Hacks taking shots at my old hometown, my franchise, fellow fans. Just froths people up while misdirecting, obfuscating the truth. Well,people are not stupid. Big mistake to assume such, employ the services indirectly of guttersnipes & cheap shot artists.

Bigleaf

Jun 21, 2008
I can't wait to hear Odog crying today. Can't blame him. Why couldn't we have won the McDavid sweepstakes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad