TSN give your head a shake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
Don't get me wrong I like TSN, and love that they carry all the Team Canada games, but what's with showing USA-Norway over Sweden-Russia?
No offence to Norwegians, but they make better skiers than hockey players.
It would be nice if TSN showed all the Elite Seven head to head games.

NeverGoingToWin

Jul 24, 2004
There is probably a couple reasons why they are showing the usa game.

1. They think there are more USA fans in Canada than there are Russian or Swedish fans,
2. They think people will care about the USA game because Canada and the US are in the same group and will not care about the other group.
3. They don't want to take their camera crew to another arena and the US is playing in the same arena as Canada and therefore they are already there and might as well show that game.

Hockeycanada*

The US game isn't even on. They are showing 2 of the same Raw episodes, back to back. What the hell?

NeverGoingToWin

Jul 24, 2004
I know I am getting raw too and I thought that was just me. On a link I have it says the game is only on in Hd so maybe that is the problem.

Shappa

Oct 11, 2002
Heatley#15 said:

1. They think there are more USA fans in Canada than there are Russian or Swedish fans,
2. They think people will care about the USA game because Canada and the US are in the same group and will not care about the other group.
3. They don't want to take their camera crew to another arena and the US is playing in the same arena as Canada and therefore they are already there and might as well show that game.

This here, is the reason. They probably want to show the Russia-Sweeden game, but hiring a totally different crew to cover that game, and getting a truck to broadcast it from isn't going to happen. The fanbase for this game isn't worth the $, so they've got to stay in Vancouver and cover Canada's pool.

Avery4Byng*

Hockeycanada said:
The US game isn't even on. They are showing 2 of the same Raw episodes, back to back. What the hell?
I guess the people of Toronto like their wrestling :dunno:

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Heatley#15 said:

Number 3 is most probably the main reason because they are showing all the games in HD and don't want to move the equipment back and forth.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hockeycanada said:

Yeah, I was going to have my in-laws record the game for me in Edmonton, and then it wasn't on. What a crock!!!

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
Actually the USA game was on TSNHD tonight and they will show the USA game on normal TSN tomorrow at 1 pm (Tuesday)

Jazz

Heatley#15 said:

My guess would be (3) and (I'm guessing on this one) that perhaps FSN in the US are using the TSN crew to show any games down there, and TSN was like well if we are producing the game anyways, might as well air it..

But I would like input from American members here who got to watch the game on FSN (or Centre Ice) to know if they had Miller and McGuire as the broadcast team.

puck swami

Apr 29, 2004
The US telecasts will use TSN camera feeds, but American announcers (Jim Rich/Jeff Sauer) calling the action. The US games on FSN are tape-delayed.

The games televised here on NHL network are live and just pickup the TSN feed and TSN announcers.

Upchuck19

May 6, 2003
Visit site
Shappa said:
This here, is the reason. They probably want to show the Russia-Sweeden game, but hiring a totally different crew to cover that game
There was two sets of cameras in Kelowna last night, they could of televised it but didn't.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
Good grief people. The reason is because they aren't going to want to transport the HD equipment around. Why bother??? They are only showing the games live on the HD channel and then replaying them on the main network. Be happy that they are replaying them at all.

Plus, they'd have to send a whole other crew to Kamloops, from production to announcers etc. Its just not worth bothering. And I'm saying this when I probably would watch all of the games if I could.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Tricolore#20 said:
Another reason could be that a lot of the American players play in the CHL, and there would be interest in various parts of Canada.

I'm pretty sure (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that there are more CHL players on the Czech team than the US team.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
AlexCvm said:
I was wondering...is it worth buying a 1000$+ TV to watch sports on TV? Is it THAT different from normal tv?
Yes, watching sports in HD is quite something. High Definition television is the future so sooner or later, you'll have to buy a widescreen TV. To lunch HD in Europe, networks are using the World Cup of soccer because sport is the best content for HD and the tournament has the largest number of viewer.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Russians in hockey as Brazilians in soccer. I would take any Russian game over any Canadian one. Boring and stupid as english soccer. Russian hockey is pure magic and it is time for stupid TSN to wake up. They have to follow Malkin to the bathroom to show off the comming of the next hockey GOD, but we all see their racism toward Ovechkin, the best NHL player after Kovalchuk. It is just so freaking sad, that this cold war menatlity is still here. Only in Toronto we have almost 700 000 thousands russian speaking population and close to million around Canada and how many Americans???? On top of that, there are 2.5 million Ukranian-Canadians. Do not forget that Gretzky grandparents immigrated from what was Russian land for the last 12 centuries. I want TSN heads to be fired for ignoring hard working Russian-Canadians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad