TSN asks Nylander if he is rooting for a rival GM to win....

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
He’s not asking a real question, he’s fishing for a reaction or negative comment he can flip into a sound bite or click-bait headline.

I’m not defending the question, but when the public repeatedly demonstrates their willingness to click the clickbait headlines, this is what happens.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
That's what Willy was basically saying with that laugh. He's just too nice to do something like that.
I know but I really want them to get the hammer out.

Maybe once would be sensational but after the 10th time they'd only have enough material to write "Star player called me a f***ing idiot again, he's so unprofessional"

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
The guy to ask that question to would be Marner.

Kyle Dubas negotiating skills got Marner 10+ mill more than market value on his contract, AND the leverage to get even more on his next deal too.

Reactions: Realgud

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Nylander is rooting for the GM that got him and his friends a blank cheque along with a Bic retractable ball pen.

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Nylander is rooting for the GM that got him and his friends a blank cheque along with a Bic retractable ball pen.
1712794337339.png

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Why on the mains?

I know there’s an ignore thread option but do you think anyone outside Toronto cares about this? I’m sure most people actually in Toronto could care less about this.

Reactions: TheOne and 12ozPapa

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
This is one of those where I wish players felt more empowered to just go "what the f*** are you talking about?" and have that be the answer.
Phil Kessel's exchange with Feschuk was essentially this and I loved every second of Phil calling him an idiot

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
This is one of those where I wish players felt more empowered to just go "what the f*** are you talking about?" and have that be the answer.
Torts does that and mostly gets ripped for it.
I did like Phil Kessels response to Feschuk "the idiot"

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
I don't believe there is anyone better suited to handle the stupidity of Toronto media than William Andrew Michael Junior Nylander Altelius.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Am I crazy or was this overblown? The reporter asked if he's rooting for his old GM to make the playoffs basically. He even said outside that game. They're not competing for a playoff spot. Why is that such a crazy question?

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
It is a stupid question. Dubas was let go and now has a 7 year deal with the pens. That is his focus but no question any player coach or GM enjoys beating the team that let you go,

Mar 26, 2010
The guy to ask that question to would be Marner.

Kyle Dubas negotiating skills got Marner 10+ mill more than market value on his contract, AND the leverage to get even more on his next deal too.
How does Marners contract and you taking a shot at it have anything to do with this thread and Willy Nylander?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad