Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
In the following years , the Habs will suffer hits from the following:

- Markov declining ;
- Plekanec declining ;
- Pacioretty leaving peak goal-scoring years ;
- We won't always be 100% injury free ;

These losses will be significant. As such we better hope that some of our prospects pan out and pan out well, and even then we'll need several successes to make up for the losses.

The prospects will also need to outproduce the players they replace. Scherbak and McCarron won't just need to outproduce Desharnais and Parenteau, the two players whom everyone assumes they will replace. They will need to outproduce them by a margin large enough to compensate for the losses listed above.

:rolleyes:

McCarron - 50 goals
Desharnais - 30 goals
NB - replaces Markov

It's all going to be solved.

MaxLacoste

Jun 26, 2012
Montreal
In the following years , the Habs will suffer hits from the following:

- Markov declining ;
- Plekanec declining ;
- Pacioretty leaving peak goal-scoring years ;
- We won't always be 100% injury free ;

These losses will be significant. As such we better hope that some of our prospects pan out and pan out well, and even then we'll need several successes to make up for the losses.

The prospects will also need to outproduce the players they replace. Scherbak and McCarron won't just need to outproduce Desharnais and Parenteau, the two players whom everyone assumes they will replace. They will need to outproduce them by a margin large enough to compensate for the losses listed above.

I believe Pacioretty will be better in the next years. He is only 26 years old and he will play with the best center of his career (Galchenyuk). Maybe he will average 30 goals for the next fews years, but Galchenyuk also have the potential to score 30 goals. Our 1st line will score more goals in the next few years.

As for the decline of Markov, we already have his replacement, Subban. Maybe I'm the only one to believe that, but Subban will get better. And he will be better than Markov.

For Plekanek, I don't think he will be less effective. His role will be different, but intelligent player like him can overcome the weaknesses that come with age. Just like Markov did. And since the offensive of the team will not depend on him, Plekanek will be a effective player, on the 2nd or 3rd line.

Finally, let's not forget that we can sign UFA players. And since Montreal will be a contender for the next 5 years, it will be easier to sign them.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
A 6'6 winger who drives the net? Has speed and can score goals? Yes, please. I hope he succeed too, that first line would be sick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad