TSN 6's sElection Night Call

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I called Pacioretty and Subban as future stars when they were still 19 years old.

I now call McCarron.

Worst that happens is my prediction record goes from 100% to 67%.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Nothing would be happier than for us to have a big power winger with scoring talent. Haven't seen any of this guy at all so I can't really comment other than to say that I hope you're right.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Nothing would be happier than for us to have a big power winger with scoring talent. Haven't seen any of this guy at all so I can't really comment other than to say that I hope you're right.

Could be RW or could be C at times.

Drooling over a top-6 within a couple of years, of:
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-McCarron
Sekac-Plekanec/Eller-Scherbak

with a strong third line anchored by either Eller or Plekanec, plus Gallagher.

The exact lines could depend on whether Pleks can maintain his current level of play in a couple of years. Either way, with our core in place and the new young guns coming, including Beaulieu and Tinordi, watch out NHL!

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I called Pacioretty and Subban as future stars when they were still 19 years old.

I now call McCarron.

I'm in the same boat as you on this one, I don't see him having nearly as high of a ceiling as Patch/Subban but I think he's going to be a huge piece to our puzzle moving forward.

Saintpatrick*

I'm really rooting for McCarron to pan out for us. After seeing Bjugstad play the other night makes me long for a big power forward.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I expect a physical third line 15-goal winger. Anything more and I would be damn happy. We really need that type of player.

He should produce WAYYYY more. I call "star", you heard it here first, like twice before, and boy did I get laughed at for Max.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
He should produce WAYYYY more. I call "star", you heard it here first, like twice before, and boy did I get laughed at for Max.

idk if he should, but he might. 15 goals with a huge physical presence is a pretty ****ing good player that we should be happy with. Anything more is cake, I'd like to see

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Scherbak
Sekac-Eller-Gallagher
DLR-Pleks-McCarron

or any combination with those 9 players, maybe add Hudon or Andrighetto, or maybe subtract Plekanec due to age. It's hard for me to see us failing in the near future

AllanMTL46

Aug 19, 2011
Ste-Agathe, Lotb.
idk if he should, but he might. 15 goals with a huge physical presence is a pretty ****ing good player that we should be happy with. Anything more is cake, I'd like to see

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Scherbak
Sekac-Eller-Gallagher
DLR-Pleks-McCarron

or any combination with those 9 players, maybe add Hudon or Andrighetto, or maybe subtract Plekanec due to age. It's hard for me to see us failing in the near future

Seems a pretty solid top 9 to me, except I'd switch Eller and Pleks (unless age catches up to Pleks, which I don't think will for still quite some time). And I see DLR more as a 4th line centre, although I'd love to see him fill that 3rd line spot.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

I now call McCarron.

I'm curious what you're basing this on. I saw a little of McCarron and was impressed. Good hands, good mobility, plus his massive size. One extra thing I did notice was his intelligence -- he never looked lost, out of position or behind the play. Good IQ, other words. Maybe that kind of mental acuity is the secret ingredient that transforms a set of skills into a star player.

MaxLacoste

Jun 26, 2012
Montreal
I start to believe he will be a star too. The most important thing for me is to see progression and resilience. He came together after a bad year and bounce back. You can clearly see that McCarron wants to get better. It's for that same reason that Max and PK became so goods. They never sat on their tools. They work on every aspect of their game to get better. If it was my decision, I would love to see McCarron live and train with Pacioretty. He would be the best exemple for our young power foward.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
I'm still on the fence with McCaron. I think he'll need a good 2 seasons in the AHL before we see him full-time in the NHL. 1 Full season for sure and he'll get a call-up here and there in the second year.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Can someone explain the title of the thread?

TSN6 doesn't exist, so that's really just my way of referring to myself by not using a real network. Usually on election night, some network wants to be the one that "scoops" that XYZ party will form a majority government or whatever.

I am putting my considerable reputation on the line and calling the scoop if you will, like I did early on with Subban and Pacioretty (and Price too, but I was not as alone on that one): McCarron is going to be a star, not just a guy that makes the NHL.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'm curious what you're basing this on. I saw a little of McCarron and was impressed. Good hands, good mobility, plus his massive size. One extra thing I did notice was his intelligence -- he never looked lost, out of position or behind the play. Good IQ, other words. Maybe that kind of mental acuity is the secret ingredient that transforms a set of skills into a star player.

That was well put. Size, speed, finishing ability, and hockey IQ. Those four things, or even sometimes three, can make a star.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
In the following years , the Habs will suffer hits from the following:

- Markov declining ;
- Plekanec declining ;
- Pacioretty leaving peak goal-scoring years ;
- We won't always be 100% injury free ;

These losses will be significant. As such we better hope that some of our prospects pan out and pan out well, and even then we'll need several successes to make up for the losses.

The prospects will also need to outproduce the players they replace. Scherbak and McCarron won't just need to outproduce Desharnais and Parenteau, the two players whom everyone assumes they will replace. They will need to outproduce them by a margin large enough to compensate for the losses listed above.

Montreality

Jul 11, 2012
Montreal
Anyone else notice Connor Crisp has 91 PIMs in 17 games? should be a good 13 forward at least..can even play center and at his size all he needs is a lttile speed on draws to win them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad