Rumor: Tryout/Rangers Training Camp - 25 Year old G - Francois Brassard

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
He played 6 games for the Mariners last season so I guess they'd like to keep him around for another year.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Most guys don't want to hang in the ECHL for long. It pays less than most white collar middle class jobs for guys with a college degree, and you spend a lot of time on the bus. A lot of guys I knew did a season or two in the ECHL or the old CHL, but eventually decided to take day jobs and play in rec leagues for fun.

I don't see an AHL spot for him in this org.

Reactions: nyr2k2

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Most guys don't want to hang in the ECHL for long. It pays less than most white collar middle class jobs for guys with a college degree, and you spend a lot of time on the bus. A lot of guys I knew did a season or two in the ECHL or the old CHL, but eventually decided to take day jobs and play in rec leagues for fun.

I don't see an AHL spot for him in this org.
Less money than a job for a college grad but more fun and more money than going back to the mines.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Less money than a job for a college grad but more fun and more money than going back to the mines.

Sure. But it's not as conducive to family life. For 24 year old single dudes, it's one thing, but when you hit your 30s its another.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
AFAIK he had signed a contract with Maine for this upcoming season, anyway.
EDIT: Yep, they probably just gave him an invite to camp as another body. He's already signed up with Maine.
MARINERS RE-SIGN GOALTENDER BRASSARD - Maine Mariners

given he is signed to NYR's ECHL affiliate, this is not meaningful or big news, (except to his friends and family)
it had been an interesting trend, of borderline CHL guys taking the college benefit they earned in CHL, to get the education, then take a shot at pro hockey

G Joseph Raaymakers, who was with NYR prospects and i believe also TC, a few years back, and same with CBJ last year, is going Canadian college, i thought he might get ELC or AHL deal after 2 good seasons w London

EDIT/ADD: link to Raaymakers commit release
X-Men hockey announce new additions

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
given he is signed to NYR's ECHL affiliate, this is not meaningful or big news, (except to his friends and family)
it had been an interesting trend, of borderline CHL guys taking the college benefit they earned in CHL, to get the education, then take a shot at pro hockey

G Joseph Raaymakers, who was with NYR prospects and i believe also TC, a few years back, and same with CBJ last year, is going Canadian college, i thought he might get ELC or AHL deal after 2 good seasons w London
Raaymakers, wow. I'm surprised he hasn't signed. He played with Halverson years ago (Gettinger, too, but before we drafted Timmy) and I would always post that, forget the numbers, he was a guy worth taking a late-round flyer on. Guess I was wrong--or not yet right. :laugh:

Reactions: egelband

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Whatever happened to Halverson? Personally I wasn't surprised that the Rangers did not give him another NHL deal though. I looked at him over at Elite Prospects and he's not signed up with anyone. Maybe he's quit.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Whatever happened to Halverson? Personally I wasn't surprised that the Rangers did not give him another NHL deal though. I looked at him over at Elite Prospects and he's not signed up with anyone. Maybe he's quit.
Good question. With how he played in the ECHL last year, you'd think he could get a deal in that league, if he wanted it. Maybe holding out for an AHL tryout?

Reactions: eco's bones

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Good question. With how he played in the ECHL last year, you'd think he could get a deal in that league, if he wanted it. Maybe holding out for an AHL tryout?

He was good in Maine and fairly decent in Hartford last year--considering how shitty their defense was. Overall though he just didn't make enough progress where it was worthwhile signing him again---not with Shesterkin coming in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad