Tryamkin's Top 250 NHL Affiliated Prospect Big Board

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Kinda disappointed not to see any FLA prospects beyond the obvious four forward and the two goalies. Was hoping at least one of Gildon/Kolyachonok would make the list...
Obviously our defense prospect pool is still kinda meh.

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
Liljegren is RD

Curious why you’re so high on Brazeau?

What are your thoughts on Leafs G prospects Scott and Woll?

Good job on this list, a ton of effort, can’t be mad at it.

Reactions: Tryamkin

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
First off, great job! In terms of Oilers prospects, you had probably everyone who deserved to be there, except for Kailer Yamamoto. I think he deserves to be in the top-250 at the very least, more likely in the top-100.

I also noticed that you have Broberg quite low. Do you not like him as a prospect?

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I see Woo higher than his Canuck counterparts Hoglander & Juolevi, relative to where they are bunched in the rankings. Cool to see a nod to Rathbone.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Nice job, very comprehensive.

I feel Broberg is too low (even though I didn't love the pick at the time) and the Oiler board thinks very, very highly of Samorukov.

The obvious exemption here for the Oilers is Kailer Yamamoto - I'm not sure if that's on purpose, or you forgot him. He didn't have an excellent year in the AHL but really came on before his year was derailed by injury. Still, 10 goals in 27 games is a ~25 goal pace as a rookie AHLer, even factoring in Bakersfield's reduced California schedule. Surely a recent first rounder only one year removed from 1.6 P/G in the WHL hasn't fallen so far that every team in the NHL averages 8 non-goalie prospects better than he is? I mean, you have Alex Nylander at 142 and I don't think even the most rabid Hawks/Sabres fan would say he's a better prospect at this stage. Bellows made your list as well and he had 1 more point in nearly 3 times as many games.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Awesome list Tryamkin. For Canucks I’d have Madden ahead of Rathbone and Lind for sure though.

Lind ahead of Ethan Bear is puzzling as well.

Not that I think that Bear will become anything more than a 4,5,6 type of Dman but he has at least okayed in the NHL while Lind looks lost in the AHL.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
>Josh Brook
>LD

Maybe if you literally only watched the world juniors

*Or the dozen games during the season his coach had him on his off side, if I'm remembering right a couple preseason, about 5 pre-wjc, and like half dozen afterwards. Also the occasional parts of other games where he'd try to force a superline.

Actually id say it was probably about 20 percent of his play this year was as a LD if not slightly more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad