Equipment: True Hockey

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
I have bought 6 6.0s and just recently 5 xcore 9s wanting to try them out. I know a little overkill, but the 6.0s were prostock ruttu's, and after my first time on the ice with them, the guy said he had four more so I just had too. Then this past year True came out with the retail xcore 9s, and man do I love them. I use a 95 flex, tc4 curve which is the same to the kreps curve. I just wanted to see if anyone else has tried out any of their products, and what feedback they have.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
This company has been making sticks for 15 years, and they have produced in the multi-millions. They're very, very underrated right now.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
This company has been making sticks for 15 years, and they have produced in the multi-millions. They're very, very underrated right now.

OK, to clarify on this point, True Temper has been making sticks for other companies for that time. Sherwood, CCM/Reebok and Ballistik/Combat were their former companies that TT produced sticks for. Obviously, TT no longer produces for those companies.

TRUE hockey is only a few years old, with much of their tech continue from their Combat productions.

Fantastic sticks all throughout the line. I had a chance to see them and talk to their guys at the Source for Sports show a few years ago, and purchased the A6.0 pre-release. When I first picked up the A4.5 (their $140 pricepoint model), I thought it was their top end stick!

The A6.0 is great. Lightest and most well-balanced stick I've ever held. Great shot loading and smooth mid-kick release. Blade isn't as durable as I'd hoped, but everything makes up for it. Their upcoming refresh of the A-Series apparently addressed this issue.

I would definitely recommend all players check out their offerings. I think the A4.5 or A5.2 are fantastic value. The 5.2 is the pro-preferred model, carrying the legacy of the well-engineered Combat 52-cal.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
OK, to clarify on this point, True Temper has been making sticks for other companies for that time. Sherwood, CCM/Reebok and Ballistik/Combat were their former companies that TT produced sticks for. Obviously, TT no longer produces for those companies.

TRUE hockey is only a few years old, with much of their tech continue from their Combat productions.

Fantastic sticks all throughout the line. I had a chance to see them and talk to their guys at the Source for Sports show a few years ago, and purchased the A6.0 pre-release. When I first picked up the A4.5 (their $140 pricepoint model), I thought it was their top end stick!

The A6.0 is great. Lightest and most well-balanced stick I've ever held. Great shot loading and smooth mid-kick release. Blade isn't as durable as I'd hoped, but everything makes up for it. Their upcoming refresh of the A-Series apparently addressed this issue.

I would definitely recommend all players check out their offerings. I think the A4.5 or A5.2 are fantastic value. The 5.2 is the pro-preferred model, carrying the legacy of the well-engineered Combat 52-cal.

And that was a great stick too. It almost was too light:laugh:

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015

dont get me started on combat 52-cals :vhappy: My old trainer was a dallas prospect, and he hooked me up with a 85 flex, staal curve and it was lovely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad